Chapter 25: Magic Realm

JAY'S POV

I woke up with a groan and I winced as I sat up on the couch.

Wait.

I was on a couch?

Suddenly yesterday's events came rushing back and I jolted up from my spot.

"Woah there, this isn't a nightmare. You're safe," Xavier said.

"Zane!" I said noticing that he wasn't on the table.

"You mean your friend that was bleeding all over my mothers dining room table. Yeah, she didn't take too kindly to that," Xavier said scratching the back of his head.

"Where is he!?" I yelled picking up Xavier by the scruff of his neck.

He looked unfazed even though my wolf was on the surface and my eyes looked darker than usual.

"Don't worry. My mother took him to the infirmary for proper treatment. I can take you there," Xavier said and I slowly put him down.

"Oh. Okay," I said slightly embarrassed.

"Are wolves always this sensitive," Xavier said rolling his eyes and he walked towards the bedroom door.

"Zane is very important to me. I must protect him with my life," I stated.

I had a duty to protect my Alpha at all costs.

"Oooh. Gotcha. You should've said so sooner. You mentioned a girl yesterday so I assumed you two weren't together," Xavier said waving his hand dismissively.

"What!?" I exclaimed choking on my saliva.

"Zane and I aren't an item!" I said.

"Sure man, I don't judge," Xavier said holding his hands up in surrender.

"I said we're not! Look, just take me to him!" I fumed.

There was no point in arguing with a child.

"He's in there," Xavier said pointing at the bed room door.

Rolling my eyes, I stalked towards the door and pulled it open.

Immediately a broom fell out and hit me on my head.

Now irritated, I spun around and said," this is a supply closet."

My words went on deaf ears, because Xavier was no longer standing behind me.

Did Xavier just disappear!?

Was I being conned right now!?

I didn't like the situation I was in right now.

Especially since I knew nothing about this kid and how he appeared out of thin air.

"Are you coming?" I heard Xavier say and I turned around in shock to see him standing in a lit hallway where the closet used to stand.

"How?" I said at a loss for words and I stumbled after him.

Xavier motioned around him and said,"magic."

"Magic?" I said dumbfounded.

Was he making fun of me?

Was there a secret door behind the supply closet I just failed to notice.

"Very funny. Let me guess, you're gonna say you're a witch next," I muttered sarcastically.

Xavier glared at me and said,"don't insult me. I'm a warlock, not a witch. I thought it was obvious I was a guy."

"Don't make me laugh," I replied humorless.

Was he being serious?

Now was not the time to make obscene statements.