Chapter 13: Encounter

AVA'S POV

After my run in with Zane, I had headed back to the hospital.

I was in a daze as I tried to digest everything I went through.

The creature chasing me was a vampire, and I had ran into a society of humans that could transform into wolves.

Apparently there were other creatures that existed but Felix didn't want to overwhelm me.

Now I was being held prisoner in what Felix said was called a 'pack'?

The Blood Moon Pack to be specific.

For some reason the vampire is some enemy to Zane and everyone here, and they think I have some connection to it.

If only they knew that the vampire chasing me was terrorizing me for almost twelve years now.

I was never able to settle down and live a normal life because of it.

Would I be able to find that life here?

Would these wolf people survive against a vampire?

"Ava!" Hailey said shouting at me in the distance, and she ran up to me with bags in her hands.

"Hailey," I said with a small smile.

Even though I knew what Hailey was now, I still saw her as an ally.

She was one of the few people here who was nice to me, so I didn't feel like I was in danger around her.

"I just came back from the mall and did some light shopping," Hailey said holding up multiple bags as reference.

"I wouldn't call that light," I muttered.

She literally had like twenty bags in her hands.

"Don't worry. I thought of you and got you some clothes as well," Hailey said leading me back inside the hospital.

"How thoughtful of you. I didn't even tell you my size," I said lifting up a piece of clothing.

"I figured you would be around my size anyways," Hailey said with a shrug.

I went to the bathroom to try on the shirt and leggings Hailey got me, and I came back out with an unimpressed expression.

"Oh my gosh you look so cute!" Hailey gushed.

"Is this shirt supposed to be a crop top?" I said concerned.

The leggings were also a little snug.

"I mean... I love how you turned it into something else and made it your own," Hailey commented.

"I'm pretty sure this is a child's top," I said with crossed arms.

The shirt barely reached my belly button.

"It's not my fault you have humongous jugs," Hailey said with a pout.

"I'm literally a B cup!" I said incredulously.

Just how small was Hailey!?

"Whatever. The only thing I have that would fit you is my hoodie," Hailey said rummaging in her bags.

"Was this all you bought me?" I said with a frown.

"You know you're sounding a little ungrateful right now," Hailey said with narrowed eyes.

"Fine, I'm sorry. Thank you for thinking of me," I said receiving the hoodie, and thankfully it fit.

"Here. I also got you some sneakers. And this time I referred to your last sneakers before we tossed them," Hailey said bringing out brand new pairs of running shoes.