Chapter 36: Old Friend

The BloodMoon Pack grew further away as Victoria ran deeper into the woods.

Her vision blurred as tears threatened to fall and branches snapped at her arms and legs.

Her body was covered in cuts and bruises, but none of that mattered as she ran for her life.

She was a coward.

She was no better than the hard dirt she ran on.

The crimes she committed was nothing compared to what she just did.

How could she...

Her own mate.

Victoria suddenly collapsed to the floor as her legs gave up on her, and she clutched her chest.

She was struggling to breathe as the pain in her chest intensified.

Felix.

He was the only one who could see her.

The real her.

Victoria looked down at her trembling hands to see them covered in blood and she let out a frustrated scream.

Why!?!

Why did it have to be Felix!?!

It felt like her heart was ripping all over again.

First with Zane and now Felix.

Victoria clutched the dirt as sobs racked her body and her breath came out ragged as she grieved.

To the outside world she probably looked pathetic.

Hunched over, crying in the middle of the woods.

But she didn't care.

She was pathetic.

She didn't deserve to live.

"You poor thing," a voice spoke, and a hand was placed on top of Victoria's head.

Victoria froze as she recognized the familiar voice and her body seized in fear.

"How many times have I told you to never show your emotions," the voice said coldly, and Victoria slowly lifted up her head.

She looked up at Evita as she looked down at her in disgust.

"I warned you that everything would be taken away from you the moment you showed weakness," Evita spat, and Victoria wiped at her tears.

"I'm sorry mother," Victoria whispered quietly.

She didn't even know when she began harboring feelings for Felix, until it was too late.

His overbearing acts of kindness and love had cracked her defensive walls and seeped into her darkened heart.

She had let herself think that maybe life wouldn't be so bad with Felix.

But she was wrong.

So, so wrong.

Felix was way better off without her.

"You knew your mate for all of five seconds, and you really thought you would live happily ever after?" Evita said with a dry laugh.

"Silly little girl. He was going to turn his back on you, the minute he saw who you truly were!" Evita spat and Victoria swallowed a lump in her throat.

Yes she had her doubts, but there was a sliver of hope.

That she could change and be better for him.

"Wait... How did you know I found my mate?" Victoria questioned.

The Hybrid Alphaजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें