Arc 3: Adonis (21)

Start from the beginning

"We were?" The king raised his eyebrow and questioned Aquarius telepathically.

"Weren't we having our time talking about magic?"

"Ah, right. She made me forget about over conversation just now. It was amusing to watch."

"Let me entertain you more, dear Father."

"Continue."

"So, Aunt, Brother, anything else to say?"

Queen Stella ignored Aquarius and swam over to the king's side.

"Your majesty, there are rumors circulating outside the palace that this crown prince is my sister's and another merman's child. I've also looked into this and many of the merfolks as well believe that he is indeed a bastard child. There are evidence that points to this."

"Father, I agree with Mother. I'm not against Brother, but our reputation as royals would be ruin. I hope Father would make this situation clear."

Well, time to entertain this old man. Aquarius set down his knife and fork and wiped his mouth with a napkin. He cleared his throat to get the mother and son's attention before speaking.

"Aunt, I don't know where you heard this rumor from, but don't slander my mother."

"Slander her? I wouldn't do that to my own blood-related sister. I think you are slandering me."

"No. You are slandering my mother. Where are your evidence that I'm a bastard?"

"From what I know, my sister can't give birth, and his majesty here had never laid a hand on her. Therefore, how can she get pregnant? What else can she do but go out and find another merman and pretend that she's pregnant with the king's child? It's as simple as that."

"Like you said, it's based on what you know. Let me tell you, Aunt," Aquarius got out of his seat and swam over to where Queen Stella was. He whispered into her ears, "I know what you did."

The queen flinched after he said that. She panicked and grabbed his shoulders.

"What do you know!? You're the one who doesn't know anything! Stop slandering me!"

"Also, Aunt, another thing I need to add on."

"No! I don't want to here anymore of your nonsense! Get away from me!"

This time, in the other ear, Aquarius whispered, "Father knows what you did as well."

"No! No! NO! IMPOSSIBLE!" She kneeled in front of a King Noctis and gripped his arm. "Don't believe him, your majesty! He's lying! Lying! Quickly get rid of him, dear. He's not your child! Everyone in this kingdom knows that he's not your child! Everyone in this kingdom knows that our son, Cyraeneus, the first prince, should be the crown prince!"

"Mother...!"

The queen continued to spit out nonsense in attempt to convince the king to get rid of Aquarius. However, she got on his nerves.

"Shut up."

With a wave of his hand, the queen suddenly couldn't speak anymore and the guards came to drag her away. The first prince was spared because he didn't do anything that annoyed the king yet.

"Put her in back in her room and lock her inside. Without my permission, no one is allowed to enter. Cyraeneus."

"Yes, Father."

"Unless you don't want to be a prince anymore, you better be obedient and stay put. Don't do things that you shouldn't."

"I understand..."

"Good. Now leave."

Cyraeneus quickly swam out to catch up with the guards that took away his mother. For the moment, the queen could not say anything until the next day as the spell wears off in 24 hours.

King Noctis called in Dimitri and ordered him to settle the problem with the rumors to prevent any more misunderstandings. As for Aquarius, he settled down with some desserts.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

"Daphne, come home. We miss you."

"Where have you been, Daphne?"

"You need to come home."

"Grandfather wants to see you."

"Hurry. Return to the kingdom."

"Come back to us, Daphne. We'll be waiting for you."

Six voices echoed in Daphne's mind and she knew right away that her sisters were calling her. Right, she hadn't come home for awhile. She was too busy on trying to gain Adonis's affection, but no matter what she tried, she received none of it.

She laid in bed for some time before she got off it and head for the door. Somewhere in the back of her mind, she remembered a mermaid, or was it a merman? She remembered that the person helped her gain her legs so that she could walk on land. She couldn't picture the person's face, but she knew it was someone from the dark kingdom.

That got her thinking, while heading to the bay, if the person was able to help her gain legs, maybe, just maybe, the person would be able to help her develop a spell or potion that lets Adonis fall in love with her.

With that thought in mind, she quickened her paste and arrived at the bay. She took off the necklace and turned back into a mermaid.

I'll put Adonis aside for now and visit my family first. After that, I'll search for that mermaid or merman in the dark kingdom.

⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️
A/N: so I found this pic of a merman...& he's frickin HOT 🔥🔥🔥

& he's frickin HOT 🔥🔥🔥