Arc 3: Adonis (19)

Sorry for the delay, but here's another chapter
⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️

"..."

"..."

"..."

Once Aquarius was before King Noctis, it was total silence. None of them had spoken a word, and Dimitri seems to play along with them. Two sets of eyes stare at each other from another ten minutes or so before King Noctis broke the silence.

"So...Aquarius...I want you would stay here in the palace. What do you say?"

"How about...a no?"

"Why would you want to leave your dear father alone at home?"

"You're the one that banished me." Stupid king.

"That was the past. Come on, stay here. I'll order the servants to prepare the most luxurious room for you."

"Better than yours?"

"......that could be arranged..." Brat.

"Anything else you want to offer me?"

"Position as crown prince."

"Wouldn't the queen and the prince be going after my tail?"

"Forget them. I don't intend for Cyraeneus to inherit the throne when you're here."

"In the end, you just want to use me. Isn't that right?"

"You can see right through me, son."

"Well, I don't care about the crown prince position. Just let Brother take it. I don't want to deal with the queen. I heard she's quite weird in the head."

"Where'd you hear that?"

"From a fish."

"You're one too."

"You're also one if I'm one."

"Heh. You're the most interesting child I have out of hundreds."

"You sure it's not thousands?"

"Don't know. I've never counted."

"I bet you haven't met all of them yet."

"So? They're not interesting, so they wont earn my recognition."

"How many mermaids got laid by you?"

"Never counted."

"What a terrible personality. A terrible father. I pity those poor children getting abandoned by their father."

"It's not my fault. Those mermaids wanted to live separately from the palace with their little brats."

"If it's not your fault, it's the queen and the prince. I can tell. Those mermaids were probably scared that the queen was going to kill them out of jealousy, just like what she did to my mother."

"Well...can't blame me in the end. Women in the harem are always like that."

Aquarius shrugged and they continued their friendly conversation.

Dimitri was smiling at this father and son dual. He wiped his eye at the sight and sighed. What a sight. If Queen Luna was to see this, she would be really happy. They get along so well. His Majesty never had a close relationship with his children, speaking no longer than five sentences. Prince Cyraeneus spoke to His Majesty, but he kept it max to only ten sentences.

The happy conversation was interrupted when the door was opened with a loud bang. King Noctis looked passed Aquarius, and Aquarius and Dimitri turned their head to see who it was. In swam Queen Stella.