Arc 3: Adonis (2)

*YiWei will be call Aquarius from this point on

Since he woke up in the cave, it was obvious that Daphne had already became a human. Aquarius was kind of worried that FengRui, or now Adonis, would fall in love with Daphne on their first official meeting. He would be heartbroken if he finds out his husband really fell for another person.

If that's the case, I need to become a human and get my husband back!

Determined to do so, he quickly got out of the big seashell bed and swam over to his collection of accessories. XiTong never told him how the original replaced Daphne's tail with a pair of human legs, but the memories he had allowed him to know exactly what happened.

When the original was little, he was exploring the deeper parts of the ocean. While wandering around, he found a sunken ship with many treasures inside. He was curious and went to check what kind of treasures are there. Looking around the ship for the entire half of the day, he finally discovered a little book and golden bracelet.

Written inside the book were detailed notes that someone took, and in one of the sections, the person wrote of the powers of the bracelet.

It was said that the gift was from a mermaid who he fell in love with. The mermaid also fell in love with him and gave him the bracelet that can turn a human into a mermaid/merman or vice versa. With that both of them get to live happily with one another. However, that happy life ended quick as the man died drowning when the ship hit a boulder and sunk. He left the bracelet in his room while he was out in the dock, so he couldn't really get to it. Even if he found it, it would already been too late since he ran out of oxygen. When the mermaid found out, she was depressed and when into seclusion. To this day, no one knew where she was.

Seeing how this gift was precious to the man, the original kept it like his own treasure and hid it away from the other merpeople. The only time he took it out was when Daphne came and told him of her story.

The thing that he held precious was then given to another person just like that.

Since that was the only item that came have shape-shifting powers, there literally nothing else. Where the mermaid got the bracelet remained unknown.

Hope was lost when Aquarius remembered the system store. The system store had everything that one can wish for, so a bracelet with magical shape-shifting powers is no problem. Right?

'XiTong, say, are there any items that can change me into a human?'

[Absolutely! However, it does come with a cost, Host.]

'Cost? What kind?'

[Usually Host can buy something from the system with the points earned, but when Host buys something with magical properties, Host has to pay the system points and exchange something of your own.]

'...why is this somehow complicated?'

[XiTong doesn't know! XiTong just do XiTong's job.]

'Hah~ whatever. Tell me what I need to do.'

[If Host wants to buy an item to turn Host from a merman into a human, Host has to give up Host's voice. Merpeople have the perfect singing voices any singer would covet. The good thing is that when Host completes the task that didn't require Host to be mute can earn Host more points!]

'Mute? Aye, this is going to tiring to do since I can't speak. So how much is it?'

[The item is a necklace and it costs 150 pts. Once Host wears it, Host's voice is sealed until the necklace is taken off and become a merman again.]

'XiTong, are you sure you're not trying to rob me?'

[XiTong would never! The higher ups made it that way so please don't blame XiTong!]

'Alright, alright. I'll purchase it.'

[Done! Host has 1,625 pts left. Here's the necklace, Host!]

Out of nowhere, a necklace appeared and fell into Aquarius's hand. He didn't put it on straight away since he'll die if he turned into a human right then and there. He needed to make sure he is near land first.

Before parting, Aquarius had left a note for his fish friends saying that he would be leaving for sometime and that they shouldn't wait for him. They were begging him to stay, but in the end, they couldn't stop him from leaving. He promised them that he would definitely come back to the cave for a visit.

He left peacefully after that and swam upwards until he reached the top of the ocean. He asked XiTong for directions to the area where Daphne and Adonis met. He swam a little longer until he reached land.

He surveyed the place before hiding behind a boulder to put the necklace on, but he stopped midway when he heard a voice calling out:

"Who's there!?"

⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️
A/N: i told my friend to light candles for me becuz i have bad grades in school right now & my mom's going to MURDER me. I might not be here tmr இ௰