Arc 1: Shen TianYi (11)

Everything was set in place so the only thing left to do is attend the banquet.

Fei Ying and TianYi helped each other pick out their best robes to wear for Shen Long's birthday. It was going to be a surprise, but who wouldn't want to look their best for the surprise. TianYi was going to regain his throne as the crown prince and become the Emperor after he dethroned his brother. As expected, once TianYi becomes the Emperor, he was going to pass the edict crowning Fei Ying as his one and only Empress.

As a man, he wasn't really happy being address with a female title at first, but now that he loves his husband so much, he gave up and let TianYi do whatever he wants.

All the powerful ministers, generals, as well as envoys, who came in place of their royals, arrived and wished Shen Long for the very best and remain at peace with their countries. They moved one to the dancing and presenting their gifts in hopes that they can curry favor with the young Shen Emperor. Almost all the invited guests presented their gifts until it was General Yang's turn.

"This servant greets the Emperor! This servant has a special gift to present to Your Majesty."

"Oh? Zhen is intrigued by this gift you have prepared. Quick! Present it to Zhen!"

"Yes, Your Majesty."

With a motion of his hand, the guards brought a big chest over and everyone was curious to see what the General has prepared for the Emperor.

"Hm. A big gift I see."

Shen Long moved forward and his hands were about to lift open the top of the chest when a shiny object pierced through his abdomen. He didn't die right away, but was losing a huge amount of blood.

The chest was now wide open and a person emerged from it.

"It's the crown prince! He has returned! How?!"

Most of the people at the banquet did not seem panicked at all, just shock and surprise were shown on their faces. The rest, however, were supporters of Shen Long, felt like the were about to loose their lives if they don't escape right this instant. Before they can make a move, though, guards came in and surrounded the palace, indicating that there is no way that anyone can escape.

"...y-you...Shen TianYi! H-how are y-you still a-alive!?"

"Surprised to see me, little brother? I personally got this gift for you. Instead of thanking me, you seem to be cursing at me and hating my gift."

"H-how da—"

"How dare I? You poisoned Imperial Father and you still have the guts to ask how dare I? Hmph! Dare faking the imperial edict and proclaim yourself as Emperor, ah? Very good. Guards!"

"Your Highness!"

"Drag this useless brother of mine outside. Execute him tomorrow morning in the center of the city. Make sure all the citizens are there to witness the death of a traitor."

"Yes!"

Once Shen Long was dragged out of the palace and into the dungeon, TianYi turned and faced everyone left at the banquet. He smiled for the first time in public, but he was asserting a powerful aura that made the former followers of Shen Long collapse on their hands and knees, begging for forgiveness of their past sins.

"Your Majesty! We are glad that Your Majesty has returned! Please take over the throne and bring our empire fortune and prosperity."

"Of course. Rise, everyone. Zhen would like to introduce you to someone that's very special to me."

On the cue, Fei Ying stepped out from the shadows and elegantly strolled over to TianYi. His husband held out his hand and Fei Ying placed his own onto the outstretched hand.

"This is my wife, Fei Ying, and he will be your Empress from now on. Treat him with respect the way you treat Zhen, or you will face the consequences for hurting him!"

"Long live the Emperor! Long live the Empress! May Your Majesties live for a hundred years!"

"Good! Very good! Tomorrow, we will hold a ceremony to for Zhen to inherit the throne! You may all be dismissed and prepare for the ceremony!"

"Yes, Your Majesty!"

⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️
A/N: second to last chapter of the arc! Had a little trouble finding the right words but that's okay! In the future I may go back and edit the entire story