Arc 2: Cai FengRui (5)

Sorry I didn't update yesterday! I fell asleep at 11 writing it so I'll write another chapter today so look forward to it!
⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️

After leaving the shooting site, FengRui went straight home and remodeled his house, or more like a mansion. He made sure that when he brings Meng Xu and DuoXing back with him, it would make him feel comfortable.

Once he felt that the mansion comfortable enough for mother and son, he retired to his room and waited for the sun to come up the next day so he can hurrily take his mate home.

He felt awfully excited and couldn't sleep for the rest of the night.

When morning came, he immediately got out of the bed and prepared himself to go to Meng Xu's apartment. He dressed casually and hoped that the other would at least be familiar with his scent since they mated and feel less intimidated by him.

It took him about half an hour to get there. When he was at the the apartment's door, he inhaled and exhaled t calm himself down because he was worried that Meng Xu wouldn't want to meet him.

He lifted his finger and pressed the doorbell. In a seconds, he heard a melodic voice calling out to him to wait for a few minutes.

He listened to the voice and patiently stood there, waiting for the door to open. As expected, someone came to open the door, and there stood in front of him is the omega that he mated with.

The omega seems surprised to see him, but he didn't shut the door in his face. Instead, the omega was happy when he saw FengRui.

"Ah! Mr. Cai! I'm happy that you remembered me at all. What brings you here?"

Meng Xu smiled sweetly at FengRui. His heart suddenly heated like crazy knowing that smile is for him.

"I came to pick you up."

"Pick me up? Where?"

Confusion flashed across Meng Xu's face and FengRui found it to be very cute.

"We are going home."

At the mention of the word home, Meng Xu felt tears streaming down his face. Upon seeing this, FengRui panicked and quickly pulled the crying omega into his embrace.

"Don't cry. I know how you felt all these years living along."

"Wuu~how come you are just looking for me now? Do you know how I felt after that day?"

"I'm sorry. Truly sorry. Please forgive me, Ah Xu. I promise you this won't ever happen again."

"It happened once already! For the past nine months, I was struggling, and you never took the initiative to find me at all! Even if it was just a one night stand, you didn't considered how I felt all this time?"

"Forgive me. You're the first person I've ever apologized to. I promise that I will make it up to you. Whatever you want, I will do my best to get you it."

*sniffs*

"Do you promise?"

"Promise."

"Then...I will forgive you this time...but no next time!"

FengRui chuckled and held Meng Xu closer, letting him hear his heartbeats.

"I guarantee there's no next time."

They hugged for a few more moments before a wailing was heard from inside the room. DuoXing was missing his mama.

"Mist—I mean Ah Feng, do you want to meet our baby?"

"I would love to. He's my son after all."

"Mn. Come on in."

Meng Xu happily lead FengRui into his somewhat cramped room. FengRui felt more guilty when seeing how his mate lived in such a horrible condition. He really needed to make it up for him.

DuoXing was still crying, but upon seeing his mother, he instantly stopped and waved his little plump hands at Meng Xu, waiting his mother to carry him.

Meng Xu did what he wanted, and picked him up from the bed. He set the baby lightly over his shoulders and softly whispered to him:

"Xiao Xing, look! It's daddy! He's here to meet you."

Following the short introduction, Meng Xu handed over DuoXing to FengRui, who had no experience holding a baby, so it felt awkward for him.

Seeing how he was cradling the baby wrong, Meng Xu quickly taught him how to hold a baby properly. Once he got the gist of it, he became a natural as if he has done it for a lifetime.

Spending time with his mate and son really light something in him. It was a really loving and homey atmosphere. FengRui, who enjoyed the time with the two, forgot that he came here for a specific purpose: he needs to bring Meng Xu and DuoXing home.

"I forgot that I came here to bring you back to my home. If you are willing to, come with me. I remodeled the mansion to your liking based on the reports BiYu, my secretary, gave me."

"Mn. I'll go with you, but next time, don't dig up my information secretly without telling me. I don't like it when my privacy is interrupted."

"Okay. Do you need to pack anything before going?"

"I just need to pack some clothes and DuoXing's stuff."

"I'll call someone to pack your things for you. We can go home right now."

"Mn."