Chapter 35: Doing Whatever It Takes

Börja om från början

"Okay, I can do that" Jim say uneasily.

"Good. As soon as we're done with the first routine and we go out of the stage, then you can let her in when it's time for the main competition. That's it."

"That's all I have to do? And you'll give me all the photos you have of me?" Jim mumble.

"Yes. That's all" Katherine say sternly.

"I have your word on that?"

"Yes Jim, you have my word. You can keep these photos, if you do as I say, I'll give you the rest photos. And you wouldn't have to worry about anything." Katherine state. "And Jim, no one should know about this, whether now or later, don't tell anybody about it. Cause if you do, well..." She waves the envelop at Jim's face to remind him she still has something on him.

Nodding rigourously, "No one will hear it from me"

"Good. That'll be all for now."

Jim opens the car door and gets out of the car. Katherine pulls out of the parking lot, and drives off. Jim turns around, heading back to the sport gym.

*********

The arena is full to brim with both the people in it and the echos of their screams. This Squad Captain competition this year is exceptional, NY Demons got the highest number of subscribers, tickets are sold out. As never done before, The weekend and Ye will be performing at the arena.

"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to this year's competition for Captain of the New York Demon Girls!" Loud cheers fills the arena once more. "I am Pete Lawrence, your host for today..."

Allison sat quietly, folding her legs on a sofa in the dressing room. Drowning out Pete's voice, she meditates with her eyes shut.

I deserve to shine,
I deserve to win,
I deserve it all... She recites in her head.

None of the girls notice Allison as they are all busy mentally rehearsing their choreography or silently praying while pacing up and down the dressing room. Almost all the girls are done putting on their makeup and outfits. Britney gave them the honour of choosing the costumes of their choice for the second routine.

Lucy walks into the dressing room, looking for Britney. She is wearing a red sequence gown which trail on the floor behind her. The girls stops for a second to catch glimpse of her. It's not everyday you get to see Lucy in a gorgeous dresses.

Britney didn't know when her brow lifted in awe at the sight of Lucy looking magnificent. "Wow! You look amazing"

"Thank you." Lucy blush

"What's with the dress? Don't tell me you're all dressed up for the event"

Lucy let out a cute smile, "I have a date tonight" she say with so much enthusiasm. "He's coming to pick me up in a bit. Which is why I needed to see you"

Britney smiles sweetly at her. "I'm happy for you"

"Thank you. So I uh, was wondering if you could cover for me. I know as the custom manager I'm supposed to be here, putting things in order for the competition. I just..."

"You can go" Britney cuts her short.

"Really?" She pouts.

"Yes, I got you. Go have fun" Britney smiles softly at her. "You've been through so much, I've watched you struggle with trusting men again. So if you have a date tonight, that means it mean a lot to you. So go have fun"

"Thank you so much Britney" Lucy squeal, hugging her tightly.

"You welcome. I better start prepping the girls."

"Okay, I'll go ahead now" Lucy say, hurrying out of the dressing room.

"Okay ladies, listen up. It's almost time and we have less than an hour before the competition begins. The team captain competition is really simple. For some of you, this is your first competition, while some has experienced it once or twice before. Now you all know the procedure. You'll all go out in a single file, then you'll take turn to introduce yourself and tell what dance you'll be performing. After that, you'll be called individually to perform you're first choreography, and you have five minute for the first routine. You have all been given an outfit for the first routine. Then for the second routine, which is the main routine. You all know that you're responsible for your outfits. We're not providing any outfit for the main routine, and you have 20 minutes for the second routine. So make it count. Good luck ladies"

"Thank you" they chorus.

The girls starts to put the last of their costumes together. They finish their makeover and finally put on the outfit for their first outing on the stage.