35th Emotion

Somebody’s PoV

Seven vampires and one human set off towards the woods.

Okay, what is with this serious intro to a new chapter?? I'LL MAKE IT MORE SERIOUS!! 

Let us rephrase!

*cough cough*

Yokko gripped Teddy tighter as Kanato sprinted through the forest. Only thirty minutes left on the clock and she still hasn’t seen the two.

“Kanato-kun, could you please stop for a minute?” Yokko requested.

Kanato did and shot her a worried look as she closed her eyes.

‘Somewhere east…? No… Someone’s chuckling somewhere north… Must be Belle. But we’re too far from her. Someone’s running in that direction… Those footsteps are from Subaru’s group…’ she thought.

Yokko opened her eyes and quickly fished out her phone from her pocket and dialed Shuu.

He answered it after the first ring.

“Any news??” he asked.

“Belle is up north. You are going in the right direction. You should be meeting her in a minute or so.”

“I know that sense of hearing of yours is extreme.”

“Thank you for the compliment. Be careful of her. You’ve seen her in that state. Expect for the worse.”

“You as well.”

Yokko hung up and told Kanato to put her down. She handed him Teddy and closed her eyes again.

‘West… She’s sobbing, all right… Elegant footsteps… Three are running towards her direction…’

Yokko dialed Yui’s number fast and waited. Yui had received the call even before the first ring. She has been holding onto her phone in case someone calls for emergency.

“Yui,” Yokko said. “Take deep breaths and stop being too nervous.”

“Wha—…? You knew I was too nervous??”

“Yes.”

“O-Okay…” she took a deep breath. “What is it, Yokko-chan?”

“JaeMi is at the west side of the forest. You are going in the right direction like in Subaru-san’s group. Be always on your guard.

“You as well.”

Yokko hung up and put her phone in her pocket again.

Kanato looked at her.

“I trust your brothers…” she said. “But if ever your family gets hurt, I will hold responsibility.”

“No one will blame you… We willingly helped since you three are family now.”

Yokko sighed a little and then flashed Kanato a smile. Kanato’s eyes widened. But then he smiled as well and patted her head.