5th Emotion

I went down to the kitchen because I heard a noise downstairs. There, I saw Belle cackling loudly. She smiled at me when she spotted me walking towards her.

Yo-chan~!!” Belle exclaimed. “This is funny~!!

“What is funny?” I asked.

“If you meant what I was laughing about, I meant that!” she answered, pointing at Reiji looking disapproving about something. Then there was JaeMi, wearing an apron.

“I suggest you leave the cooking to me,” Reiji said sternly.

“Letting us stay here is very kind of you,” JaeMi said. “Let me repay you by cooking something…”

“No, it’s perfectly fine. And are you really stupid? You three are our prey.”

“But still!”

Laito came in with the others. He chuckled at the scene and sat down beside Belle.

“Crazy-chan!” he greeted.

Light bulb~!” Belle exclaimed. “Aren’t they fun to watch??”

“I really like it when Reiji’s pissed! Fufu…” Laito said.

Shuu and Subaru took their seats but decided to not listen to the argument currently going on. Subaru looked away and Shuu had his eyes closed. But when I looked at him, he looked back with his one eye open.

Tch! Noisy!” Subaru scoffed.

Shuu closed his eyes again.

Ayato and Kanato were amused by Reiji and JaeMi’s little show, so I decided to end it.

“Reiji-san,” I said.

“What is it?” he snapped.

“You can trust Jae-chan. She won’t break any of your tableware and she’s a good cook also…” I told him. “She’s very good in the kitchen.”

Reiji looked at me, scrutinizing my expression to see if I was lying or not. But I’m sure even though he’d keep on staring at me for years, he won’t find a single emotion in me.

But when I said JaeMi is a good cook, I wasn’t lying.

Reiji sighed and stepped aside, letting JaeMi cook.

“One mistake, and I will suck your blood,” Reiji warned.

I stood up. “One move, and I’ll break your bones…” I muttered.

“Tch. Waste of time, you three are. You deserved to be punished…!” he mumbled.

JaeMi began cooking, and based on the ingredients I saw on the counter, she’s making…

Kare-kare and adobo…” I whispered.

Belle smiled happily at me, but a little sadly.

One of the rarest things that she does…

Smiling sadly.

“I miss the Philippines, Yo-chan…” she said. “Do you think we’ll be able to go back there?”

“And go back to the orphanage…?” I asked her.

“No… Just go back to our country. I mean, we lived independently back then there, right? We can go back to being like that…” she muttered then beamed at me.

I shrugged. “Miss? Is that the feeling you have when you long to see and be with someone or something that you haven’t seen for a long time?”