46th Emotion

Someone’s PoV

Belle walked up the stairs and continued on towards a room. She slowly opened the door left ajar and peaked inside.

It was Yokko’s room.

After the incident, everyone was deadly silent. That was five days ago. They try to liven things up a little, but Kanato was the problem.

He never left the room where she died. When they tried to take Yokko’s body away, he started shouting and thrashing around. Kanato didn’t want them to bury her and demanded Reiji to make formalin (a solution of formaldehyde that is used to disinfect or preserve organic specimens) and inject it in Yokko to prevent the rotting of her body.

Reiji did some immediately. He couldn’t stand seeing Kanato like that so he let Kanato have his way.

The girls had patched up her wound with Reiji and Ruki’s assistance, Reiji calling Masaomi for help as well through phone. They scrubbed off the dried blood and put on a simple but elegant periwinkle dress.

Yokko now lay on her bed, looking like Snow White waiting for her prince to arrive and kiss her. Shuu had closed her eyelids and put her gently on the bed once they finished dolling Yokko up.

It hurt for Shuu to look at her. He saw her as his real little sister. She may be mature, but she still needed looking after.

Going back to what’s going on right now, Belle looked at the person sitting on the chair beside the bed. He held Yokko’s hand and pressed it against his cheek. He smiled softly as he caressed her hair.

“She’ll wake up soon, Teddy… We’ll see her beautiful eyes again… We just have to wait,” he whispered to his Teddy.

Belle felt her heart wrench. She went inside and called for Kanato. When he didn’t respond, she put a hand on his shoulder.

Kanato-kun~! You have to eat or—!

LEAVE ME BE!” Kanato shouted, shrugging her hand off and pushing her hard. “I DO NOT WISH TO LEAVE THE ROOM!

Belle fell on the floor hard as she looked up at him.

Oi!

Subaru appeared and had lifted Kanato four inches from the ground as he gripped Kanato’s collar.

“Suba-chan!” Belle exclaimed. “Stop it!”

Kanato’s eyes widened as he realized what he did. “I-I’m sorry… I’m sorry…! Belle… Subaru…”

Subaru’s eyes showed worry and sadness and he put his brother down. “I’m sorry as well…” he said, patting Kanato.

Kanato looked blankly on the carpeted floor, fell on his knees, and nodded slowly. He faced his back at them.

“I would like to be alone… Please…” he whispered then hugged his knees and Teddy.

Subaru and Belle exchanged some looks and left the room, closing the door.

When they left, Kanato slowly got up and walked towards Yokko. He sat on the bed and crawled towards her. He looked at her and tears slowly roll down his cheeks.