42nd Emotion

Somebody’s PoV

“I have broken them now…” Maniko whispered to the doll. “Now this is where the fun starts!”

The main doors of the mansion opened and the howling wind came in. Maniko walked up the stairs and settled at the top. Then he raised his arms and moved his fingers.

The doll moved.

“What was that??” Ayato asked Laito as the four of them who were watching Kanato heard two cries of misery and pain and a loud bang downstairs.

“I don’t—“

Thou who caused pain to my friends…” someone’s voice echoed through the mansion. “Thine lies riseth anger… I who warned thee before… Thou did not heed I who warned… You have just entered the bad side of the doll. Now you must die.

Yui’s grip on Ayato’s hand tighten. He hugged her and shot her a strained smile.

“Yui, please take care of Kanato while we go check what’s going on,” he told her.

“But…!”

“Come on, bitch-chan…! You’re just going to look after our brother here,” Laito said, although etched on his face was seriousness and fear.

“Make her look after three people…”

The four looked at the newcomers in the room.

Reiji held JaeMi, who looked like a deflated balloon due to her organs that already melted and had blood dripping from her mouth, in his arms.

Subaru held a bloody Belle as well. Belle’s gown was stained red and she looked really pale.

The two vampires looked deadly.

Wh-What happened?!” Yui shrieked, a hand clasping her mouth.

“B-Belle…!”

“JaeMi!!”

Maniko…” the two answered as they gently put their own lover on the floor.

Shuu’s fist clenched. A growl came from him as he ripped his MP3 off his neck and cracked his knuckles.

“He must pay,” Shuu hissed.

Reiji removed his glasses and put them on the table. “Yes, he must.”

Subaru laid a rose beside Belle. “That bastard…!”

Laito removed his fedora and put it on Yui. “Protect the three, you got that, Yui?”

Yui nodded. “I will!”

Ayato kissed her and smirked. “We’ll kick his ass and be back in no time.”

Then suddenly, Kanato sat up. His face was contorted in pain as his fist clenched on his dress shirt over his heart, but he managed to sit up straight.