12th Emotion

Yokko’s PoV

I was trapped in a room with no light at all. Trying to find an exit, I tripped over a rock. The impact caused me to close my eyes.

But when I opened them, I found myself near the fountain.

“This is…?” I murmured. I looked around and saw the familiar mansion. “How did I end up in front of the house? I slept beside Shuu-nii-san… Hmm…”

I began walking towards the big wooden doors, but before I could reach the door knob, I heard laughter.

I spun around, and saw three kids running around. One had violet hair, and the other two have reddish-brown hair. One of them has a stick, and the other was carrying a teddy bear with him.

“Why do they look familiar to me?” I asked myself. I jogged a little and caught up with them.

The bats they were chasing and caught flew away and made the violet-haired boy cry.

“The bats I just caught got away…” he cried, rubbing his eyes.

The one wearing a green shirt with half-sleeves and reddish-brown hair that was longer than the other said, “Don’t cry Kanato. We can catch them again.”

“Yeah! Stop your sniveling. I’ll catch them for you!” the other exclaimed, grinning.

“Ore-sa…ma…?”

I stared and observed the three more and hid behind a tree.

“They look like Kanato-kun, Laito-san, and Ayato-san,” I said to myself. “But why and how did I end up here? The place is still the same, but it seem like I’ve gone back to the past.”

The two began running, but a woman who has the same violet hair as Kanato-kun and green eyes like that of Laito-san and Ayato-san’s came.

She’s very beautiful and graceful, but there was a hint of authority and cocky air surrounding her, as if she can get whatever she wants.

“Ayato! Is this where you’ve been?” she scolded. Laito-san and Ayato-san stopped and looked at her. “Now come along with me.”

Kanato-kun came, running.

“Kanato-kun, let’s go!” Laito-san said.

“Mm!”

The two ran away, leaving Ayato-san with her.

“You’re going back inside to study,” she ordered him.

N-No way!” he stammered, clearly afraid of standing up against her, but gathering up the remaining courage he has to tell her. “All I’ve done is study!”

“I don’t want any excuses. Return to your room,” she said.

“How come Kanato and Laito get to play while all I ever get to do is study?!” Ayato-san asked.

“Because you’re not like any other children…”

“No! I wanna play more!” he exclaimed.