31st Emotion

I grabbed my bag and musical sheets then went straight to JaeMi’s room. She came out, holding her bag as well. We both went to Belle’s room and saw her with her bag and guitar. The two nodded at me and we hurriedly went towards the big wooden doors.

“Where are you going?”

My hand was about to push the door when someone slapped it away and I found myself in someone’s arms. I felt the person’s intention by the tightness of his hold.

“Kanato…” I murmured. “Let go of me.”

“No!” he shrieked hugging me tighter. He buried his face at the crook of my neck as he was hugging me from behind. “I will never let go…!”

Shuu-nii-san guarded the door. Reiji had JaeMi in his arms. Subaru did the same thing with Belle.

I said LET US GO!!” I roared, breaking free from Kanato’s grip.

I glared at them.

“I don’t want to leave this household as well. I admit—I have grown close to each and every one of you and that is something I will always treasure. But I already warned you from the start! We will have to leave… We needed to escape! Because Maniko is here! AND NOW MY FRIENDS ARE IN DANGER!” I exclaimed.

JaeMi’s eyes were wide and kinda glassy. I shot her a look.

“Close your eyes and cover your ears…” I hissed at the two.

They nodded and obeyed immediately.

“Why are you shouting at them like that, Yokko-chan…?” Yui asked me, worried.

“You don’t need to know and it is none of your business…” I said to her.

“It IS their business as well, Yokko,” Shuu-nii-san said. “Kanato has fallen in love with you. We care for you three.”

“What he said,” Ayato muttered.

So stubborn…

I walked towards JaeMi and Belle and took their hands. I squeezed them lightly, and they looked at me. The two shot me a comforting smile.

“You can tell them about Maniko…” Belle said, ruffling my hair.

“But leave out the parts about that doll…” JaeMi muttered, patting my back.

I looked at them, desperate.

I wanted to get out of here and take these two to a safer place. Where there are no vampires to trigger and awaken the doll. I have all the urge to break those doors open, even breaking their whole mansion if needed, just to escape.

But these vampires…

Do really deserve and explanation…

After all…

They helped us get back the things we lost…

I sighed in defeat and sat down on the floor, looking down on the cement.