21st Emotion

“Yo-chan…” someone called from afar.

I felt myself grab my consciousness and I opened my eyes. Sitting up, I found myself inside a limousine with JaeMi, Belle, and four vampires.

“Huh. Figures…” I muttered as I sat there and remained silent.

Do all vampires have limousines??” Belle asked. “I mean, you guys have a limousine! Then the Sakamakis have one! I don’t know if Edward Cullen has a limousine, but I do know they own a Porsche. Something like that. I don’t know if Zero has one also. Or Kaname. Agh! I don’t know anymore~!!

I sighed.

“What’s the reason behind this?” I asked Yuma with a bored expression.

“We’re just trying to get back at them,” he answered then munched noisily on his sugar cubes.

“I don’t believe you.”

“Why is that?”

Because.”

JaeMi looked at Ruki with a pleading expression painted on her face. “Please spare my friends…” she pleaded silently.

I patted JaeMi’s back.

“So Yuma and Kou was right—you humans lost some things…” Ruki said, still reading the book he always brought around with him.

“Ruki-san, a former aristocrat,” I started. “You woke up one day to find your servants ransacking your house. Your mother left a note and your father committed suicide. Mocked by other aristocrats, you were sent to the orphanage and was still treated poorly…”

Ruki looked at me with surprise, but still got his composure back. “And again, Yuma and Kou were right about you seeing our past. But only to the extent where we all ended up in the orphanage.”

I stared at him.

“The only decent people to you were Azusa-san, Kou-san, and Yuma-san. You four devised a plan to escape, which was a success. But you were pursued and caught by them and were shot. They brought you four back to the orphanage, and you were branded on your back like a livestock. I assume you have two scars at your back, like wings plucked…” I added.

The four stared at me in shock as I continued on Ruki’s past they thought was still a mystery to me.

“How…?” Yuma whispered.

I looked at him. “When you knocked me out, I saw your past again. But this time, it continued up until Karlheinz saved you four and turned you into vampires…”

“Are you really telling the truth??” Kou asked me.

“Why don’t you try that with your eye Karlheinz gave because you have the most trouble trusting others?” I asked back.

That shut him up.

“You even tried to kill yourself, which Ruki-san even dared you to do it, but cannot. Ruki-san then pointed out that you still have hope since you can’t do it even though you were so desperate. Ruki-san often caught you staring up at the sky, so he knew this… He told you that if you gave up hope, you are nothing but a loser. You became friends and tried to escape. But when you were brought back to the orphanage, you were nearly dead. You cried, since you didn’t want to die without seeing the blue sky you always desired. This is when Karlheinz offered you a second chance in life. He gave you that eye, to be able to read other people’s hearts. But heed his warning—to not lose sight of what’s important…” I finished.