1st Emotion

-11 years after-

Yokko's PoV

"How on earth did we get lost in Japan?!" Belle exclaimed, dancing in the rain as we ran through the woods, lost.

"I don't know..." JaeMi answered. "But we need to find shelter or we'll catch a cold...!"

I just nodded and ran.

We were supposed to be in Kuchijouji, but somehow we got lost along the way. We ended up in the woods, where there was a lake nearby.

Just like my Momma's last words to me...

I have to find my cousin.

Maria Santos.

"Hahahahaha!!" Belle laughed. "Dancing in the rain is fun~!! Oooh~! Look! There's a mansion in the middle of nowhere~! Gaja (let's go)~!!"

"Jannie-chan! Be careful! You might trip!" JaeMi scolded.

We ran towards the mansion and saw the gate unlocked. We got inside and took shelter by the front steps.

"We're dry! We're dry!" Belle chanted, doing weird things again.

I just looked at her without laughing or smiling.

"But we're still cold. I think we should enter the mansion..." JaeMi suggested.

"But what if someone lives here?" I asked monotonously. "We'll be intruding someone's property."

"We have no choice," JaeMi answered. "We'll just explain. I don't like it when someone is sick..."

Belle grinned and opened the big doors.

I sighed and followed the two inside.

"WAAA~H! The mansion is very spacious!" Belle yelled.

"Be quiet..." I said.

Belle clamped a hand on her mouth and gave me a thumbs-up.

"We should try to find the owner of the mansion," JaeMi said. "Then we could ask if we can stay for the night. If we're lucky, we might get a ride to Kuchijouji."

I nodded.

We walked slowly through the mansion, and came upon a living room which was fairly lightened up by candles. A fire was crackling silently.

We stopped when we saw seven people in the room.

Sitting on the couch are four people—a blonde girl and a cherry-headed guy were chatting, and it seems like the guy was teasing her; a blonde guy was sleeping; and a violet-haired four-eyed guy was drinking tea.

A violet-haired boy was sitting on the floor, whispering to the teddy bear he was holding.

A red-haired one wearing a fedora was humming to himself while pacing, a smile on his face.

And the last one?

A white-haired guy holding a white rose.

I took a step back, eyes wide.

I felt fear—the only emotion I have, though I barely feel it.

It is triggered by one thing.