44th Emotion

Someone’s PoV

‘No… GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!

‘They’re dead. They’re dead. We’ve both seen it with our own eyes… Revenge is what we need to do!’

‘But Cara would never want that kind of thing…’

‘Yes, that I know… But will we just let them get away with what they did to her?? To the kids?! YOU’LL LET THAT PASS??!

A man with white long hair sat on a bed, holding a journal in his pale hands. He had been reading it again and again ever since he lost three important girls in his life.

He had a very painful past. No one ever knew the tears he had shed every single time he read the journal. No one heard him cry and thrash around when he was having nightmares.

He might be immortal… He might be sadistic…

But he’s still human.

He loved, cried, felt pain, suffered, laughed, screamed, feared…

I miss Cara…” he whispered, hugging the journal close.

These were the times when he would go back to his normal state and be sane. But he couldn’t stop his other self from doing bad things.

It’s already done.

And he somehow feels the same.

He’s angry at the vampires who killed his family. He’s furious at them for taking away the things he always swore to protect.

They always took away his happiness…

He put the journal down on the bed and grinned.

“Who cares anyway if I did those things…? What if I killed people??” he exclaimed. “I’ll soon die… I only live as long as their race still exists. Once I wipe them off, I can die… I don’t have a purpose of living anymore. My wife is dead. My daughters are dead. THEY KILLED MY FAMILY!!

*SWISH!*

Maniko moved out of the way and faced the doll who tried to attack him. She had her sword in hand, her eyes still not back to normal.

“You are wrong…” she whispered. “They didn’t kill your family…”

What are you…?” he muttered. Then he grinned. “I see… You’ve finally made friends with the empty doll. You’ve finally put some emotions in her.”

“I didn’t put some emotions in her. And you didn’t take it, either,” Yokko murmured. “You just locked it up in the back of the mind and in the deepest parts of the heart. Apparently, the lock wasn’t strong enough to hold it in. Emotions grow and appear suddenly. They pile up, and eventually, your lock won’t be able to hold it in anymore…”

He chuckled. “Such a smart girl. But you don’t know what you’re talking about. They killed my family. I knew the founders were looking for my wife. She holds the fate of every human. With it, those vampires can rule the world. SO THEY KILLED HER!