9th Emotion

Yokko’s PoV

We’re home~! We’re home~!” Belle chanted, getting out of the limousine like a cheetah and began spinning around near the fountain, arms spread out. She was smiling and grinning and the sort. “Class is boring! Especially when it’s history!”

“Tch… You are really an idiot, huh?” Reiji scoffed, pushing his glasses up the bridge of his nose. “You need to study hard!”

“Eh?? But they’re a bunch of dead people! Math? We have calculators! English? Dude, we have lots of dictionaries! Come on! We have internet now! And you’re vampires! You’ve lived like thousands of years ago or some sort. You could just tell me everything… ^_^” she answered. “Don’t tell me you have to study dead people, too?”

“Why you—!”

“OH DEAD PEOPLE OF THIS WORLD~!!” Belle said, acting like doing a ritual. “PLEASE WAKE UP AND WHISPER TO ME WHAT HAPPENED EXACTLY IN WORLD WAR 1~!!”

Yui chuckled, trying to hide it from Reiji. Ayato had his arm around her and was grinning also at Belle.

“Crazy-chan has some loose screws, huh?” Laito asked me and JaeMi.

JaeMi giggled. “She’s been like that since we were kids…” she answered.

“And I think it has gotten worse…” I added which made Laito chuckle even more.

Fake-chan is really interesting~!” he said, winking at me.

I looked at him with bored eyes, and then walked away from him.

“Oi! That’s so cold of you!” he exclaimed.

All of us walked in the mansion, but before I could go to my room, someone called out my name.

“Yokko-chan…?”

I stopped in my tracks and turned around to see Kanato holding Teddy, looking at me with a small smile, his eyebrows knitted together slightly upward.

“Yes?”

“I have something to show you,” he said. Then he turned his back at me. “Follow me…”

“Okay…”

I followed him until we reached a hallway in the house. There were lots of doors. We continued walking on, none of us speaking.

Then he led me to a room where there were lots of wax figures. They were all so beautiful with all their pale, white skin. They were dressed in gowns that perfectly showed their curves.

I looked at them, observing them.

“They are sacrifices…” I muttered.

“Prospective brides…” he corrected me. “All of the girls who were sent here… The women who we killed, draining their blood… I kept them as my collection.”

“They’re beautiful…” I commented.

He suddenly pinned me against the wall and licked my cheek, leaving Teddy lying on the carpeted  floor.

“I plan on making you one of them…” he whispered to me. “Fufu~… I could clearly see you displayed there. And painted on your face is an unexplainable expression—somewhere between pain and sadness… Isn’t that wonderful…?