Chapter 55

Chapter 55 Songs

Can't Hold Us - Macklemore & Ryan Lewis

Mirrors - Justin Timberlake

____________________________________________________________

Niall’s POV

“Ouch!”

I winced as Jamie harshly pressed a tea towel full of ice to the side of my face. He glared at me, no sympathy in his stare. I sighed as he moved away from me and sat down in a chair in the corner of the room.

The second his bottom hit the seat, he went silent.

I didn’t know if he wanted me to talk, so I just kept my mouth shut. Jamie slouched further down in his seat; it was like he was trying to be absorbed into the cushions. He laced his fingers together behind his head and stared at the ground.

Okay that was not a good sign.

That was his “I’m in deep thought” pose, and Jamie only thought deeply about serious matters. Like the recently surfaced information that I slept with his little sister… oops.

So I kept quiet. My cheek throbbed under the cold of the ice, and I wasn’t looking to give Jamie any chance to even out the pain.

My thoughts landed on Amy. Exactly where they shouldn’t have been.

She was downstairs now, having a serious talk with her parents. I hope they’re more pissed at me than her, but more than anything I hope they don’t call the cops. It would be shitty and a tad problematic.

My train of thought was derailed when Jamie’s tired voice sounded from the corner.

“I should have been the one to punch you. I’m sorry my dad did hit you mate, but it should have been me.”

I was a little confused and he sounded… defeated?

Suddenly, Jamie stood up. Frantically, he ran his hands through his already tousled brown hair, before turning to face me.

“I’m supposed to be her big brother. I’m supposed to look after her. I should have seen what was going on between you two earlier. I should have realised…”

I just stared at him; my jaw slack and starting to go numb from the cold. He seemed just as annoyed at himself. He had no reason to be, but I decided it was best to let him get it all out of his system.

“I trusted you man. And then you go and bloody take my little sisters virginity!” He glared at me again, cold and hurt. I wanted to stay silent and let him rant, but the look in his eyes told me that he wanted me to say something. I chucked the melted ice into the bin next to the bed I was sat on and turned to look at my fuming best mate.

“Man I’m sorry. I’m so fucking sorry. That first night with Amy. Fuck. That wasn’t a mistake, but continuing everything was. The second I found out she was my student, I should have called the whole thing off. But mate it was a one night stand. How the fuck was I supposed to know she’d show up at my new job. And I didn’t take her virginity…” I hastily added the last bit, hoping it would help me regain a little favour from Jamie. We both fell silent after my words and it stayed like that for many agonizingly slow moments.

I watched Jamie think over my words carefully. Eventually, he spoke.

“You didn’t take her virginity?” He asked. I was surprised to say the least. I confessed that Amy and I hooked up as a one night stand and he focuses on the fact that Amy wasn’t a virgin?

“No mate I didn’t.”

He smiled slightly. “Well I guess that’s a little better. Who did?” He said and I hesitated. It wasn’t really my place to tell him but…. “Jake.”

“Prick.” Replied Jamie, “I never liked him. I thought Amy would have had a little more respect for herself.” He said.

I nodded at the insult to Jake. “I had him in a class once. He’s an arse.”

Jamie smiled slightly. A hopeful glint in his eyes. “Please tell me you gave him detention?”

I grinned, “Of course.”

Jamie held out his hand. I slapped mine together with his and we swiftly bro-hugged.

“I’m really sorry all this happened to you and Amy mate. I know you love her. I know that now. And I also know you probably never meant to let it get so far, but you got caught up and everything has just gotten out of hand. I don’t want to lose my best mate because of my sister.” He smiled and I nodded, agreeing.

“Same here mare. I really am sorry.” Jamie just nodded, patting me on the shoulder, before sighing heavily.

“Now my dad wants you out of here, and I’m pretty sure he’s not going to back down, no matter what any of us say.”

I nodded in defeat. I couldn’t change his mind, and I wanted to do the respectful thing. He already hates me enough. “I don’t want to damage this family or anything between you, Amy and your parents. So I’m going to do as he says and leave.” I answered, heading to my suitcase.

“Are you going to go home?” Jamie asked. I turned around from my suitcase and grinned at him.

“Heck no. I’ll find a hotel. It’s still Amy’s eighteenth birthday tomorrow, I am not going to miss that for the world.”

Jamie laughed at me, “There’s the Niall I know!”

I chuckled and high fived him. “Speaking of Amy’s birthday, I was hoping you and Alex could give me a hand…?” I trailed off. Crossing my fingers in hope that he would be willing to assist me in my birthday plans for Amy.

“What do you have planned?”

I grinned cheekily, “You’ll see.”

____________________________________________________________

Thank you to everyone who was supportive in response to my apology!

I really do love all of you and this story so much!! :D

So here we go, i was feeling the Jiall/Namie bromance.

There will be a few chapter like this to sum up everyones POVS about the kitchen incident before we get on to Amy's 18th.

What do you think Niall has planned? Leave your ideas in the comments.

Please tell others about this story, i love meeting new readers :D

ttyl xx

Instagram: silenceinthedark14

Twitter: silence4thought