Chapter 10

I sighed in slight relief when I found James stood in front of me. But that relief was quickly replaced by more panic. I needed to come up with an explanation.

"I repeat, keep your hands off whom? Have you been a naughty girl Bradley?" He asked with a cheeky glint in his eye. I felt myself blush slightly. Whether I liked it or not, this boy knew how to get under my skin. 

"I um... no one." I stuttered stupidly. Well done Amy, what a great comeback! I mentally slapped myself as Alex spoke.

"Oh, its none of your business James, it’s just a guy that Amy met." She said, locking her car and giving me an amused look. 

What a little bitch, she loved this way too much. 

"Do I know him?" Asked James, as he walked between us.

"Oh no!" I hastily answered. "He's from out of town, far away?" I exaggerated, using my hands in explanation. 

James just continued to grin, he was enjoying this too. 
Bastard. 

"So where abouts then?" He asked daringly as we approached the building doors. 

"I ugh...." I stuttered again looking to Alex for support. 

"Oh Transylvania!" Piped up Alex. 
Oh well done dear that sounds totally believable. I faced palmed as I watched James expression change. 

His face suddenly contorted and he was in fits of laughter. 
I've got to admit the idea of Niall being a vampire is quite hilarious. 

"Okay... Transylvania... I believe you." He said still grinning cheekily. I sighed and rolled my eyes.

"No you don’t." I replied and he laughed.

"No I don't, but if you don't want to tell me then I won't push it." Ironically he pushed open the door as he spoke.

I smiled in appreciation and walked through the open door, Alex trailing behind us, snickering under her breath. We continued walking with James and he led us to ‘the group’, as he called it. It was basically all the guys Alex introduced yesterday. Wow was it only yesterday? It all seems to be going so fast, too fast.

“… So this party’s going to be sick!” Said the guy with black hair to my right; his name was Max I think.

“What party?” asked James, excitement in his tone.

“Max is throwing a party tonight, you guys in?” Asked the one that I remember being called Adam. He looked at us three expectantly.

“I'm in, what about you Bradley?” James looked at me with hope and mystery in his eyes. It made me very curious to think of what he had planned for the party. I felt a strange feeling stir in my stomach at the thought, but I fought it down. You have a boyfriend Amy... Well something like a boyfriend... I don’t even know what he is… but he’s something. We’ve only just started in whatever this is so I need to work on being faithful to Niall and shouldn’t be thinking about James.

But he’s just so gorgeous and definitely likes you… I told my subconscious to shut up before opening my mouth. I, however, did not get a chance to speak because my big mouth bestie interrupted and answered for me.

“Of course she will be there, we both will.” I saw her sneak a wink to Max, and James grinned. I smiled and excused us before pulling my so called best friend away by her arm.

“Ouch! Dude what the fuck let go!” She whined and I released her arm as soon as we were further down the corridor. Out of sight and out of mind. I hoped.

“What the actual fuck was that! What if I don’t want to go to the party?!” I whispered angrily.

She smirked, “But you do, I mean c’mon James is H-O-T, hot!” I playfully glared at her.

“You know what happened last time we went to a party!” I reminded her of the wonderful night a month ago. My face started to flush at thought of Niall and I in that bedroom.  Holy cow, breathe woman. I laughed lightly, and Alex grinned cheekily.