Chapter 21

Chapter 21 songs

Touchdown- JTR

_____________________________________________________________________________

Niall’s POV

“Harry man! What the heck are you doing her mate?” I said as I finally let him go. We were both grinning from ear.

“Hey Niall! Well I was in the area and thought I’d stop by and see how you’re going with your job.”

I grinned again. Wow I hadn’t seen Harry in ages!

“Well come on in man, I was just going to have some breakfast. Are you hungry?” I asked as I led him into the kitchen.

“Thanks Ni, yeah I won’t pass up some of your wonderful cooking.” He grinned and I laughed.

“Oh yeah because I'm just that good of a cook! Bacon sandwich?” I questioned holding up the bacon, as Harry sat at the breakfast bar.

He nodded and I started to fry the bacon.

“So come on then, what have you been up to? Where are you staying?”

Harry scratched the back of his head; his eyes flitting around the kitchen.

‘Well… nowhere yet; I was wondering if I could crash here for a little while.” He asked sheepishly. Instantly I nodded, but my brain starting questioning his reasons.  Why was he staying long term in Everton? It’s not that big of a town, not really that much to do.

But I brushed this thought away, that’s something I can sort out at another date.

“Of course Haz, you can have the spare bedroom.” I said and he raised an eyebrow.

“Spare bedroom? How much are they paying you at that freaking school? Sounds like more than an average teacher’s wage.” He questioned. I burst out laughing and shook my head.

“This house wasn’t that expensive, plus I do still have a lot of that money we won in our third year at university.” I smiled, remembering the good old days with Harry at Uni.

He smiled too but something was off. It looked more like a feeling of regret in his eyes than a feeling of fondness.

I told myself I wasn’t going to push anything. If Harry was staying with me there would be plenty of time to find out what’s really going on. I turned back to the bacon, flipping it over and onto two slices of bread.

I finished making the sandwich’s and turned back to Harry, offering him his place. I found him leaning across the worktop, smirking at me, note in hand. A confused look formed on my face as I tried to figure out what he was indicating. I put the plates down and tried to grab the note, but Harry held it out of my way.

He cleared his throat like an idiot and started to read the note aloud. The second I heard the oening words I fought him for the piece of paper, but with no avail.

Ahem!

Good morning handsome!

I hope you slept well and didn’t have too much of a little problem after I left ;)

Harry snickered at that line. I blushed as red as a tomato. The note was from Amy. Who knows what else she wrote?

You know I would have stayed but my “teacher” threatened me with detention, so I had to go home. Honestly, he can be such an arse sometimes!

I laughed at that. Harry’s eyes went a little wide and they flicked to me, questioningly, but he smiled a little too. I gave up fighting and just let him finish the note.