Chapter 6

I knew that everyone was looking at me; I could just tell, but i wasn't paying attention to any of them. My focus was on the young Irish man in my kitchen, AKA my secret one night stand, AKA my teacher.

And he was staring back at me.

His shining blue eyes, looking right into mine. I felt so vulnerable under his gaze, that it sent a shiver down my spine.

As the feeling trickled through my body, I seemed to come to my senses. I jumped off the counter to grab some kitchen roll when I found some already blocking my path.

"Here." His voice sounded so sweet and gentle, that I had to look at him. And boy what a big mistake that was. He just took my breath away and i had to remind myself to breathe but i continued to stare.

"Amy, are you ok?" Asked Jamie curiously.

Yet again, I snapped out of my trance like state and turned to face my big brother.

"What?... Oh yes, I'm fine. Just a bit wet that's all."

"Not unlike the floor then?" Stated Niall and I let out a small giggle.

What was up with me, it wasn't even that funny. I obviously just became a bumbling mess of nerves around him. Oh great...

To my suprise Niall cracked a grin and let out a laugh himself. He had such a perfect laugh that it cut the tension in the room. I let out a breath I didn't even know I had been holding, my family members doing the same. I wondered what they were thinking, they couldn't possibly have any idea could they? Way to go Amy! Now you're overanalyzing everything and talking to yourself.

"Honestly Amy, you're such a clutz sometimes!" Laughed my mum as she began to mop up the floor.

I let out another nervous giggle and glanced sideways at Niall. He looked just as nervous as I felt. I really needed to talk to him.

My mum finished the floor and Jamie moved to put the items away as my mother turned to me.  

"How about you go and get changed out of those clothes and you can help make dinner for Mr Horan here."

She called him Mr Horan, she knows he is a teacher. I'm done for that's it..... Wait.... She's just being polite... Man I'm seriously close to a nervous breakdown right now.

"Uh yeah sure." I said as I hurried past Niall and my mother, straight up the stairs and into my room.

Leaning my back on the door, I felt my breathing increase. Holy Shit!

My teacher is in my freaking house; my one night stand is in my freaking house; Niall is in my freaking house.

I think I'm gonna pass out.

However, before I did, I ran into my small ensuite bathroom, stripping off as I went, and dived into a refreshing shower.

I let the water wash my worries away. I didn't know why Niall was here and more importantly I didn't know how he felt, but this wasn't the time to ask. This was the time to be a good daughter and lie to my family, keeping everything as secret as possible. I can do this.

With that crazy but firm resolve, I stepped out of the shower and got dressed; jeans and a light off the shoulder Union Jack shirt. I looked good. I let my wet hair hang naturally over my shoulders and I proceeded down stairs.; a newfound happiness putting a spring in my step. I bounced into the kitchen to find Jamie grabbing some drinks.

"Hey, where is everyone?" I asked cheerily.

"Living room," he replied, as he banged the fridge door shit with his foot. "You look cleaner." He smiled and I laughed, taking half the drinks from him.