Chapter 26

Chapter 26 Song's

One Night - Christina Perri

I Need You - M83

Shaking Heads - Foxes

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Amy’s POV

The corridor around me slowly emptied as students made their way to class. Soon enough, my lonely footsteps echoed on the hard floors; bouncing off the lockers. I stopped in front of 14B and opened my locker door.

I can’t believe he said that… I mean he loves me! I can’t believe I didn’t say it back though. I’ll have to make it special when I do, because I’m certain that I love him. I need girly advice right now.

I pulled out my phone and texted Alex.

Me: Hey where are you? Got time to talk? I need boy advice :S….

Alex: Sure babe. Is everything okay? I'm in the gym x

I ignored her question and headed straight for the school gym, grabbing my workout clothes from my locker before leaving.

I quickly changed before heading in to find Alex. She was over in a corner doing some hand weights. I slipped a hair tie of my wrist and pulled my waves up into a high pony tail. It was weird, but the simple act of getting my hair out of my face seemed to clear my head a little. I felt fresher and in a really good gym mood to be honest.

Alex stopped when I approached her. Immediately she wrapped her arms around me in a hug.

“There there babe it’s okay. He’s an idiot and whatever he did he is going to answer to me for it. What did he do?” She finished and pulled back, a look of concern on her face, hands on my shoulders.

I laughed at her over protective attitude and shook my head.

“Nothing bad.” I say and she looks confused.

“Then what did…”

I interrupted her, “He told me he loves me…” I trailed off and looked at Alex, waiting to see her reaction.

“Shut up!” She squealed and hugged me, jumping up and down while I stood completely still, in shock of her reaction.

“Why are you not looking happy and excited?” She complained giving me a look.

“Because I didn’t say it back.” He jaw dropped. “I don’t actually think that he meant to say it to me anyway. It sort of slipped out and then I didn’t say anything… he probably hates me now. He looked so heart broken when I left.” I rambled, pulling at my hair in frustration.

Alex whirled round, a deadly look on her face. “Please do not tell me you just walked out?”

“Well kind of…” I said and Alex groaned. “But not exactly. The bell rang so I used that as my excuse. I tried to cheer him up by saying I’ll see him tonight and kissing him. It seemed to work a little, but not as much as I would have liked.” I said sadly and Alex stopped pacing in annoyance and sighed at me.

“You’re such an idiot.” She said shaking her head at me.

“I’ve blown it haven’t I?” I asked, not really wanting to think about how I could’ve just ruined my relationship.

“Sweetie, if he really does love you, then no. But you have to make it up to him. Why didn’t you say it back?” She asked as we headed over to the punching bags. She threw me a pair of gloves and I slipped them on, contemplating.

“I really don’t know. I wanted to. My mouth just wouldn’t do anything. I guess I just don’t know if I’m one hundred percent certain, I mean it’s only been a month.” Alex nodded as she stood behind the bag as a brace for my punches. I hit the back slowly at first, trying to gain a rhythm.

“I guess, but I can see that you love him. You're just a different person when you talk about him. You look happier and brighter and I think it’s all because of him.” She said and I smiled, nodding.

“I do feel, for want of a better word, alive when I'm with him. He just makes every little thing about life more enjoyable.” I said smiling as I stopped punching the bag.

Alex giggled. “And he makes you smile even when you don’t want to?” She asked and I nodded, blushing.

We were giggling and didn’t even notice when a third person joined us.

“Who makes you smile? You wouldn’t be talking about me would you?” Asked Reid; winking at me and leaning in to peck Alex on the lips. I rolled my eyes at him and he grinned, Alex laughed, turning into a hot mess around him. I watched my friend happily talk to her boyfriend and I realised what she meant.  She looked brighter. It wasn’t love between them yet but it was something brilliant. I love Niall, I really do and I’m going to tell him.

“Thanks babe, you were very helpful. I’ll call you later. Bye Reid!” I yelled over my shoulder as I grabbed my gear and rushed out of the gym, chucking the gloves behind me as I went.

----

I had to wait until after school when no students would be around. I don’t want to get caught declaring my love for my teacher boyfriend.

The next 3 periods went so slow. I hung out with James and the other guys at lunch but I couldn’t focus on anything but Niall. He was my every thought. About halfway through lunch he walked in with Miss Mathews to get his lunch. My blood boiled when I saw her giggle at something he said, but my heart melted when I caught his eye. I smiled at him and he smiled back but not fully. It was one of those ‘no I’m not okay, but I will pretend like I am’ smile. It broke my heart but firmed my resolve to fix everything. The end of the day couldn’t come faster.

I was a fidgeting mess through my last class of the day – History. Tom, who was sat next to me, had to physically remove my pen from my grasp because I couldn’t stop clicking it. I smiled apologetically and focused on watching the clock.

Finally the bell rang at 3:25 and my heart beat sped up. I was so nervous. I’ve never told someone I love them before. This was all new and scary. I headed towards Niall’s room and subtly watched as his last class filed out. Before the door was shut, Miss Mathews backed out, presumably talking to Niall. I kept quiet, hiding just around the corner, peering around the concrete to watch. I felt bad spying but I didn’t trust her around my boyfriend. I tried to work out what they were saying.

“Are you okay? You seemed really upset today at lunch and in class just then you were not yourself.” She asked, looking at him with concern on her face. I wanted to hate her but I felt so guilty because I was the one that made him feel so crap today.

“Yeah I’m fine. Just personal problems, don’t worry yourself with it.” He said smiling, trying to get her to drop it. But she wasn’t backing down. She inched closer to Niall so their chests were touching and said something else. I didn’t catch what she said because everything went silent as she pressed her lips to his. 

_____________________________________________________________________________________

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA xD

Sorry i couldnt resist hehe ;)

oooooohhhhh nnniiiiiaaaalllll!!!!

what will happen next??? Leave your thoughts below and i will respond! xoxox

Thank you for 46K reads, 1K votes and almost 300 comments, i dont think you relaise how much this means to me! Please keep voting, i'm slowly moving up the ranks because of you guys :D

till next time xoxo

twitter: @ silence4thought

Instagram: @ silenceinthdark14