Chapter 32

Chapter 32 Songs

Start of Time- Gabriella Alpin

Let me in- Group Love

Shaking Heads- Foxes

High Hopes- The Vamps

____________________________________________________________

Niall’s POV

Just as I laughed at Mr Bradley’s joke, I pulled my eyes away and watched Amy slip into the kitchen. Luke had come in a few seconds prior and instantly jumped into a conversation with his mother and brother. I watched the gorgeous smiling brunette before me, head over to Luke and join his conversation. He rolled his eyes at her while she smirked. What was going on? I am so confused right now. I realised that Mr Bradley had been trying totalk to me for a few seconds, so I diverted my attention.

“Pardon? Sorry, I just zoned out there.” Please don’t let it be obvious that I was staring at his daughter.

“That’s alright Niall. I was just asking you how Amy’s going in class?” he asked me, getting serious all of a sudden. I gulped slightly and ran my hand through my hair under my snapback. Only Amy and Harry know I do that when I get nervous.

“Um... well we haven’t done much practical yet as we have had to establish the theory for the course, but she seems focused and determined. We are currently working on adapting Wuthering Heights into short scenes.” I explained; however, towards the end I got a little distracted watching Amy and Luke. It was like they were verbally battling with each other; fighting for the right to speak. I trailed off and my obvious peaking had Mr Bradley following my line of sight. Oh great Niall, now he is going to think you’re perving on his daughter!

Well technically I’ve done a lot worse than that… I reminded myself harshly. My nerves were on point as I waited for Amy’s father to say something in regards to my staring.

“They all have such a good relationship don’t you think?” He asked completely surprising me, as he watched his children interact with each other. Hannah sat comfortably in Jamie’s arms as Jenny cooed over her. Amy and Luke were both acting as natural as they could but the tension in Amy’s shoulders was unreal. I’ll have to offer her a massage later.

I nodded in shock, unable to comprehend that he hadn’t noticed. I’m the most obvious person ever. That was definitely a close one!

“Yes, they have a very strong bond and protection over each other.” I managed to choke out throwing Mr Bradley a half smile. This man made me so fucking nervous. He’s my girlfriend’s dad yet he doesn’t know it, that’s just too overwhelming!

He chuckled at me and patted me on the back.

“You’re a good guy Niall.” He said smiling. I watched as he walked off, unable to say much. What was he getting at? That’s not something you tend to say to the best friend of your son…

Maybe I was just over thinking it.

Shaking that out of my head I turned my focus to Amy. She was gripping tightly to Luke and every time he said something she would squeeze him arm quite tight, making him flinch. What was she up to?..

I moved my way over to them, standing next to Jamie instead of Amy however. We have to be extra careful around her family. This holiday was definitely going to be interesting. I casually drank my beer as I tuned into the conversation, arching an eyebrow at Amy whenever she pinched Luke.

She shrugged nonchalantly whereas Luke threw me a smirk.

“… So Niall, are you looking forward to the holiday? You’ll get to spend some quality time with Amy.” My eyes widened and my heart stopped. Luke did not just say that in front of Jenny, Hannah and Jamie. I saw Amy basically stop breathing as I tried to get us out of the mess the little twerp had put us in.

Everyone’s eyes were flitting between us.

I shook my head. “You’re funny Luke. You know Amy is my student…” I said the words with a lump in my throat and a pain in my heart. “If you mean get to know her a little better then yes I will, but I will be spending most of my time hanging out with Jamie here.” I said patting my buddy on the back. He seemed slightly more relaxed after my firm statement that she was just my student.

“Yeah bro! We’re going to party it up!” He said snapping out of the worry and high fiving me. I laughed and grinned.

“Heck yes brother!” I said. We both grinned and I smirked at Luke. He nodded his head in amusement but dropped the subject for now.

---

Dinner came around and soon enough, we were all seated at the family table. This routine of dinner at the Bradley’s was becoming all too common for me. I was here far too much. I wonder what Harry’s up to. We had hung out a bit after work and talked about Amy and what had happened in the class room, but then he had said something about going out for the night. He’d offered me the chance to come along but I’d turned it down for Jamie and Amy.

No I’m not sure if I'm regretting it.

The tension radiating from both Amy and myself was high. We were both watching Luke like a hawk. Any moment he could he could ruin everything; he could out us to the whole family. I couldn’t let him. I had to fight for us.

Suspiciously, Luke had kept off the topic of Amy and I since the little conversation earlier. I had started to relax. Gently nudging Amy’s sock clad feet under the table with my own. This was a common past time for us at dinner, I'm surprised no one’s picked up on it yet. I’m pretty sure I’ve kicked Jamie a few times by accident.

A good twenty minutes later everyone was laughing and enjoying the family dinner. I had almost forgotten about the Luke situation until he cleared his throat, signalling for everyone to be quiet.

“Yes Luke?” Asked Mrs Bradley, raising her eyebrow.

Luke slowly took a gulp of his drink.

“Well, mum, dad... family! I believe that Amy and Niall have something they wish to tell you all.”

All ours flitted our way as our feet stopped playing and our forks clattered simultaneously to our empty plates. 

____________________________________________________________

Here we are.

Sorry about the delay, i had two major assignments!! grr! But theyre all done now so i can focus on balancing this out a bit better :)

Only short and not too interesting but this was a bit of a filler!

Do you think Lukey's being a bit of a prat or is he getting Namy to do the right thing? Let me know what you think will happen next! Will they be outed to the family??

So last week i asked you guys to make, trailers/edits etc and post them to twitter and instagram! You can still do this and i will pick my favourite and and give them a shout out here!

Now the most wonderful girl in the world made me the most beautiful instagram video edit that i havent stopped replaying. Its the cutest thing ever so you all need to check it out and also check her account out and follow her because its awesome!

She does like outfits, video edits and col stuff so go like everything, especially the video for this story. Her instagram is @ imagine_1derland . I shared the photo on my instagram: @ silenceinthedark14 and also shared it on my twitter too @ silence4thought just in case anyone cant find it!

So i am dedicating this chapter to her. Her wattpad username is @ 1Directioner232677 so go hit her up with a follow and read her stories!

Love you all and thank you so much for 67K :)

Vote comment fan! I will respond and follow you back on my social media

ttyl!

Next update: wednesday !