Chapter 49

Chapter 49 Songs

The Sound of Silence - Simon and Garfukal

Stolen Dance - Milky Chance

____________________________________

Amy's POV

Everytime I sleep, I dream.

Not this time.

My subconscious was just staring into a void of dreamless night. I felt empty.

Nothing was happening inside my head. Regardless of the million and one questions I had, my brain had simply chose to shut down.

Correction... It wasn't emptiness I was feeling, it was quiet; relaxation; peace.

The sound of silence.

I just felt free from the world. I truly didn't want to wake up and face everything. However, the second o felt my body and brain reconnecting, I knew I would have to deal with the real world soon enough.

Face the facts; the endless questions and I turn answers that I wasn't sure I wanted to hear. And most terrifying of all I had to face Niall.

I know that he would want the truth about what happened with Dylan in the house across the lake, but I'm not sure that I'm quite ready to give it to him yet. Plus, he had a hell of a lot of explaining to do himself about how he knew the people at the party.

I never thought that I would ever have to question Niall's past. He never seemed like that sort of person. I guess I was wrong.

I felt like the Niall that rushed into the room to save me wasn't the guy I knew. He wasn't the guy I loved. Yes they looked the same, but this Niall had secrets; something that I never thought would be a problem in our relationship.

Everyone has secrets I know, and I'm probably over reacting, but I don't like not knowing. I just forget sometimes that Niall had a life before me. That he has some more years spent at University with friends, apart from Harry, that he never mentions.

I wonder what it could be. It could be absolutely nothing, or I could be dragging myself down a hole that I may not come out of...

I think it will be worth it though.

Niall is worth it.

Sounds we slowly coming to my ears as o regained consciousness. I felt the softness of a bed underneath my heavy limbs. A cool air washed over my face; obviously blowing in from an open window. I had a feeling I was in my room back at the house. By the gentle light I could see behind my eyelids, I also gathered it was mid morning. I didn't have a clue what day it was or how long I had been out, but I knew that the horrible night was over. Now o just had to deal with the aftermath.

My brain was fully aware now, but I still didn't have the strength to open my eyes. I couldn't and I wouldn't.

The sound of shallow breathing and occasionally shuffling altered me to the presence of someone beside my bed.

I presumed it was Niall, but I secretly hoped it wasn't.

It would just be easier to face someone like Alex or even Jamie first.

Just not Niall.

Please.

I wiggled my fingers slightly, gingerly testing the movement of my muscles. A tingling sensation spread from the tips of my fingers and up my arms; igniting the nerves in my whole body.

Everything was fully functioning now and I was ready to open my eyes. Well nearly ready. Physically, not mentally.

On the count of three. Here goes nothing.

One.

Murmurs reached my ears as I prepared to meet the people beside me.

"How is she?" The first voice said, a sadness in their tone.

"She's close to waking up I think. She's moving more and breathing quickly." The second voice replied, slightly more cheery. At least I'll wake up to one smiling person.

I nearly sighed in relief as I recognised the voices. As far as I could conclude, Niall wasn't in the room. It sounded like Alex and my mum.

Two...

I can do this. It's not like I'm walking the plank on a pirate ship. I'm just waking up. Why is it so hard all of a sudden?

Come on Amy. Be brave. This was it.

Three.

__________________________________

I am so sorry.

More coming extremely soon.

Sorry again

I would explain but we would be here for hours.

Summary: last week of school| Graduation.| 18th. | 2 jobs. | appointments. | training. | study. | pretty little liars. | family. | injury. | exams.

So sorry.