Chapter 69

Amy's POV

I picked up on the second ring.

'Hey Alex.'

'Amy! You're alive! Are you okay?' She sounded frantic on the other end of the line. I leant against the bedroom wall, watching Niall's napping form. After everything that had happened within the last twelve hours, I had completely forgotten to call Alex.

'Sorry. My heads been all over the place and I completely forgot to call. I'm just not feeling well.' The lie came so easily. I hated myself for it.

'Oh, is it the flu?' Alex asked, concern and curiosity evident in her tone of voice. I sighed, couldn't she just leave well enough alone?

'Maybe. Which means I probably shouldn't come near you until I'm better. You're more susceptible now.'

'Good point. Although I feel like I should come and take care of you.'

I shook my head, before realising she couldn't actually see me. 'I'm fine. Mum keeps calling and said she will come home at lunch. Its fine.' I scrambled for a distracting change of subject. 'But speaking of taking care of things, how did it go with your parents last night?' Waiting with baited breath, I really hoped that the Johns' had been understanding.

'It actually went great. They were disappointed at first and I think dad was ready to go hunting, but once we talked about everything rationally, and I explained my plans, they relaxed and said they will support my decisions. They asked to know who the father is, but I told them that I needed to tell him first and that we could do introductions afterwards.'

I smiled, 'Not like they will need introductions. Do you think your dad will punch Jamie? I'd really love to see that.' We both laughed.

'I'm not sure dad would be stupid enough to try and land one on Jamie, not even with his bi-weekly karate lessons under his belt. Still it's going to be entertaining how they react after the bomb drops.'

'Well either film it or invite me over. I'll bring popcorn.' I laughed and Alex did too. I'm glad she was looking at the positive things and taking charge. 'I'm so proud of you for standing up for yourself. You're going to be a wonderful mum Alex.'

She sniffled dramatically on the other side of the line. 'Oh stop it you. You're making me get emotional. And that's honestly not hard to do now.'

'The next nine months are going to be fun. I can just tell.' I glanced up as the sheets rustled, Niall trying to move on the bed. If he wasn't careful he was going to be pull his stitches. 'Tell me about your plan.' I said to Amy as I headed towards the bed.

'Well my first plan is to get a job. Something that I can do on the weekend and after school. I need to start saving. Mum and dad said they would help out a bit because they don't want me dropping out. There's only a few months left until we finish and they want me to be studying and completing my major works. Yet I still want to start earning so I can provide for the kid, we can't live off my parents forever.' I kept the phone to my ear with one hand as I leant the other down to brush Niall's hair out of his face. He was really hot to touch. I frowned and headed to the bathroom as Alex kept talking.

'Part two is informing Jamie. And then obviously the rest of your family and I suppose the school faculty probably needs to know.' I ran a towel under some cold water, heading back into my room to place it gently on Niall's forehead. The effects were pretty instantaneous. I relaxed as he did.

'Part three is learning everything I can about pregnancy and babies and going to the doctors. All the medical stuff to make sure I'm doing it right.' Even though his temperature was coming down he was still determined to sleep in weird positions. I ran my hand slowly down his face, trying to coax him into calming down. I gently pressed my hand into his shoulder, forcing him to stay on his back.