Chapter 1

Smiling sweetly I locked eyes with my friend across the room. She looked sad so I tried to cheer her up. Alex and I were at a party at the popular girls house. To be honest, I'm not sure how we got invited. I hadn't wanted to come yet Alex had persuaded me. I am a very stubborn person normally but so is Alex, when she wants something she will always get it.

However now it seems that I am the one enjoying myself and she is the one looking bored out of her wits. I tore myself away from the surprisingly good conversation I was having with some sporty people and attempted to make my way over to Alex.

The process took a little while though as I had to push through sweaty bodies all dancing close together. It got a little awkward when I was pushed up against two people grinding or when guys started to grind me. But I just kept smiling and pushing harder. Eventually I broke through the boundary and found Alex.

A look of pure relief washed over her as she escaped her conversation with Luke, one of the most boring people to talk to. No wonder she looked depressed. She came to me and lent on my shoulder, looking fed up and exhausted and quite drunk.

"Can we go home yet?" She wined. I laughed and poked her.

"Hey you're the one who wanted to come in the first place. I'm just being a good friend." I stated in a mocking tone, whilst giving her a cheeky grin. She glared at me and argued back.

"Well you're being an arse now. So redeem yourself and take me home. My head hurts." She pulled a puppy dog face and I had no choice but to give in. I would've done anyway but she doesn't need to know that.

"Come on then. Let's go." I said pulling her towards the door. She had been drinking so she was a little heavy to pull, and she was getting tired. My alcohol free brain scanned the room ahead and tried to work out the safest and easiest route to take through the crowd.

Selecting the one that avoided going past the girl who threw the party, Sophia. She was also the biggest bitch in the school and loved to torment me. However just as we were nearing the door she deliberately came over to us. I could tell she was wasted because she needed the use of a wall to stand up, but even that wasn't enough as she fell over twice before she began her sentence.

"A little bit tipsy are we?" I asked letting my amusement leak into my tone.

"No..." She snapped slurring her words whilst falling again. I laughed a little which got her attention.

"Don't be such a bitch Amy." I could tell that sentence should have been harsher but it came out rather pathetic.

"Whatever." I said and pushed past her pulling Alex with me. I needed to get her home as soon as possible. As the cold night air hit us I breathed it in. It felt lovely and welcoming. But Alex didn't seem to feel the same way. She started to shiver uncontrollably and reached for a jacket that wasn't there.

"Oh crap Amy I've left my jacket in the cupboard." She moaned and I sighed. I didn't really want to go back in there but I knew if I didn't Alex would never see her favourite jacket again.

"Fine... Ill go and get it. You just get in the car. Here." I handed my keys to her and made my way back in through the front door. Crap! I don't even know where all the jackets had been put. I asked the closest sober looking person I could find and they directed me down a hall to my right. I wandered down there trying every door on the way. The first few were locked but then I reached one that wasn't. I quickly went inside and saw a coat closet, stuffed with everyone's jackets. I rummaged through trying to find Alex's when I felt two firm hands on my waist pushing me into the closet. The door clicked close and I was plunged into darkness with a mystery person.