★ 43

Renjun looked at the reaction on her face, she's blushing. He chuckled, looking away from her. The cold breeze brush over their skin, somehow it is calming.

"You were thinking of me?" She asks shyly

Renjun hummed quietly but just enough for her to hear.

"Why?"

He sighs, turning his head towards her. He doesn't know how to say this without scaring her or making her worried. If he told her about his dream, she'll probably be scared.

He shook his head. "Nothing important. Why were you thinking of me?"

Jieun blushed upon hearing his question. She looked away from him, looking down.

"N-nothing." 

Renjun chuckled again, this time turning his body to face her. His expression immediately change into a more serious one, making Jieun frown.

"What's wrong?" Jieun asks

That dream is bothering him. He's not being himself- he loved her in his dream.

"Do you ever love someone?" 

His quesion made her widen her eyes in shock. She never thought he would ask something like that. "W-what?"

"Do you know how love feels like?" 

"Yes, yes I do."

Renjun smiled lightly, turning away from her to look at the scenery again. "How does it feel like?"

There's no moonlight to light his face, but his face seems perfect to her, even though he can't see him clearly. She could still see his face under the dim lights- he's perfect to her.

"It's scary, but amazing at the same time," she said

Jieun smiled to herself, thinking about the boy that's standing beside her right now. "It's scary because when you love someone, you'll be afraid if they won't love you back. But the feeling of loving or liking someone is amazing, it's unexplainable but it feels surreal."

Renjun hummed, understanding what she just explained to him. He then turned his head towards her, staring into her eyes again. "You're in love with someone, are you?"

Jieun smiled, nodding her head. "Yes, I guess I am."

——💗✨——

The moonlight shine through the window, the only source of light from this dark and cold room. A boy stood there, right in front of his father. He took a picture of a girl from his pocket, a picture of the girl.

"Na Jieun, right?" His father asks

The boy nods. "Yes, that's her."

The boy took a small glass bottle from his pocket, showing it to his father. 

"I made the poison you asked me to make." 

His father nods, smiling at him with a proud look written all over his face. He took his coffee, sipping the warm liquid. "You know what to do right, son?"

The boy chuckled, looking away from his father. He took another picture from his pocket, showing another picture. But this time, it's a boy.

"Who is this?" His father frowned

"Huang Renjun, soon to be the King of Underworld." 

"And why are you showing me this?"

The boy smirked, taking back the picture of Renjun. "He's one of the people that's important to her."

His father nods, understanding what his son wants. 

"Be careful with him, he must be the descendant of Hades." His father warned

The boy only chuckled, ignoring what his father said to him. He just wanted Jieun to live her life in despair- at least before he kill her.

"So what? As long as I could torture that girl mentally and physically, why not?"

He's becoming a psychopath, a complete lunatic.

okay there

i don't know about this character development is it too early or...?