★ 5

Jieun sighs, she's tired of all the homeworks. She hates almost every single subject except for science, somehow she loves learning about that. She was studying but she felt hungry so she decided to take some food.

She exited her room, walking downstairs straight to the kitchen. She took some sandwich and coke. She was about to go back to her room when suddenly she saw a figure that caught her eye instantly.

It's him, Huang Renjun. He's just chilling there with the rest of the dreamies, and Jieun just couldn't help but to feel more curious about him. Something about him made her feel attracted to him, something unexplainable.

She didn't realize she was staring at him for a while now until Jisung tapped her shoulder, making her jolt in surprise. "Shit, you scared me."

Jisung chuckled. "What are you doing?"

"Taking some food, I'm hungry. Do you want some sandwich?"

Jisung nods and Jieun gave him some of her sandwich. They're sitting in the kitchen counter, watching the rest of the dreamies playing games in the living room from afar.

"Is he always like that?" Jieun suddenly asks

"Who?"

"Renjun, Huang Renjun."

Jisung stopped eating, turning his head towards his best friend. "Renjun-hyung is not the person you want to deal with, trust me."

"Why though? Yejin also told me the same thing, I just don't get why."

"If you know him, you'll know why."

Jieun rolled her eyes, finishing her sandwich. "Wanna play mario kart?"

Jisung nods in excitement as he hurriedly shoved his sandwich right into his mouth. They both walked towards the living room, and the rest of the dreamies noticed Jieun's presence and they all greeted her. Except for one guy, and of course it's Huang Renjun.

"What are you all playing?" Jieun asks, sitting next to Jisung and Jaemin

"Mario kart, wanna join?" Haechan offered

Jieun and Jisung nods exitedly, taking their controllers. They played for a while with Haechan and Jaemin. Jeno and Chenle are busy playing another game on their phones while Renjun- well he's just there playing with his phone.

Jieun glanced at him, scanning his features from afar. Renjun noticed someone staring at him, so he glanced back at her. Miyoung widened her eyes, panicking as they made eye contact. She turned her head back to the tv screen immediately, pretending not to look at him.

"Damn it Jieun, we lost because of you!" Jisung whines

"Sorry, I wasn't really focusing."

Something about Renjun made her feel this way, a feeling she never felt before.

——⚜🌟——

"Come on Jieun, we're late to class." Yejin said pulling Jieun's hand

Jieun whined, she hates physical education. Especially swimming, because it reminds her of something that hurts her the most in the past. Thankfully, they're not swimming today. Their school have some sort of a yearly tournament, where all of the students are going to compete

Jieun sighs, walking towards the school's sport area. All of the students from the school are already there. "Yejin, you know I hate sports right?"

"I know but you need to participate, this is a big thing in our school."

Jieun rolled her eyes, lining up together with her classmates. She hates physical exercises like this, she prefers something more chill and less tiring.

"Oh hey Jieun, I thought you hate sports?" Jisung asks

She nods, rolling her eyes. "Yeah, but Yejin forced me to join."

"Well the tournament is kinda fun though. Plus, not everyone can join they will select the students, everyone wants to join to win the big prize." Jisung said

Yejin widened her eyes. "What's the big prize?"

"Usually, it's a gold crown made for the team winner. But it's not just any gold crown, it's also made from wild-olive leaves from a sacred tree." Jisung answers

"Alright students, listen up!"

"So this year's tournament, will be bigger than last year," their principle said

"We will be dividing you into teams that consists of 8 members per team, and you will choose which memeber from each team to join the categories,"

"So the categories are soccer, basketball, swimming, archery, marathon, sword fight, pankration, and horse race. The rules are, you are all allowed to use your powers, but you can't kill your opponent,"

Jieun turned her head towards the senior lines, spotting his brother standing next to Renjun. His facial experssions clearly showed that he's paying attention.

"Jisung, what's a pankration?"

Jisung hummed, turning his head towards Jieun. "Oh that, it's an empty-hand submission sport with scarcely any rules, so you're basically boxing, wrestling, kicking, and punching each other. That's Haechan-hyung's thing."

Jieun nods, understanding what he said.

"So the prize for the winner will be as usual, a gold crown as the symbol of your victory. We have selected some students that may join the tournament. We already divided those students into groups and there are only 6 teams in total,"

"I'll announce the first team. Huang Renjun, Lee Haechan, Na Jaemin, Zhong Chenle, Lee Jeno, Park Jisung, Mark Lee,"

People began to whisper about them, they're known to be the ace of this tournament. They're all always in the same team every year, and they always win.

"Oh right one more, Na Jieun."