★ 40

Jieun walked towards her classroom, thinking about what she told Renjun yesterday. She regretted it, she almost confessed to him. Well fortunately for her Renjun is quite dense about these things, even though she's a bit too frontal about it.

"Come on Jieun, stop thinking about it you'll regret it even more!" Yejin said

Jieun pouted, ruffling her hair. "I can't! I can't believe I said that to him, I'm so stupid."

"Come on Jieun it's not that bad—"

"Not that bad? I almost confessed to him! Not bad my ass."

Yejin chuckled at her words, they were about to enter their classroom when suddenly someone called Jieun, making them both turn around.

"Hey Jieun, can we talk for a while?" Hyunjin asks, smiling at her

Yejin glanced at her best friend with a confused look and Jieun just nods, walking towards the older guy.

"Alright then, I'll wait for you inside Jieun." Yejin said

Jieun stood in front of him, waiting for him to speak. Hyunjin looks like he's nervous and he's never like this before.

"About Renjun yesterday, I just want to say sorry, I don't know why—"

"No, no, it's okay. Why were you guys fighting though?" Jieun asks, curiousity taking over her again

Hyunjin pursed his lips, not knowing what to say.

"It's nothing for you to worry about." He said, forcing a smile

Jieun remembered what Renjun told her yesterday, even if he isn't the real suspect, he must've known something important and she can't deny the fact that he's being really suspicious right now.

Jieun smiled. "Alright then."

"Wait Jieun, are you busy today?"

Jieun looked at him with a blank look, not knowing what to say.

She smiled awkwardly. "Um y-yeah actually, I have somewhere to go with u-uh Renjun! Yeah, Renjun."

"Oh yeah? Alright then."

Jieun smiled, she was about to turn around when Hyunjin suddenly said something, making her freeze in her place. "You like Renjun, do you?"

Jieun turned her head towards the taller guy, not knowing what to answer. She opened her mouth to speak, but no words came out from her mouth- she's speechless.

Hyunjin chuckled at her reaction. "You don't need to answer, I know the answer already."

Jieun nods, looking at him straight in the eye. "Yes, I do like him."

——🌟✨——

Renjun opened his eyes, seeing a bright place. It feels weird to him, like it felt too unreal. He looked to his left, seeing a girl there.

He walked towards her, he's happy to see her.

She's wearing a black dress, black heels, and black lace gloves. She's wearing a formal outfit, it looks like she's going to some kind of party or event.

He stood in front of her, not knowing what to say. The girl turned his head to the side, giving him a questioning look. "Why are you looking at me like that?"

"It's really you, is it?" Renjun asks, still not believing what he's seeing

The girl chuckled, nodding her head. "Of course silly, it's me. Why are you asking me that?"

Renjun sighed in relief, sneaking his hand to her waist, pulling her body towards his, hugging her tightly. The girl smiled, hugging him back.

"I thought you'll never come back."

He pulled away, plainly adoring her face. The girl smiled, her hands still hugging his waist.

"Don't be ridiculous."

Renjun chuckled, leaning his face closer to hers. He placed his lips on her forehead, lingering it there for a while before pulling away to look at her now red face.

"Renjun, are you happy now?" The girl suddenly asks

Renjun frowned, but then he smiled. "Yes, as long as I'm with you I'm happy."

"What if I told you it's just a dream, and I'll never come back?"

Renjun gave her a blank and confused look, not knowing what she's trying to say.

"What do you mean?"

The girl smiled, letting go of her hands that's on his waist. She walked away from him, not even muttering a single word.

Renjun wanted to run towards her, but he couldn't. It's like he's frozen there, right where he's standing.

He shook his head. "No, come back Jieun, you can't leave me."

She was about to be out of his sight when she turned around, giving him a weak smile.

"Wake up, Huang Renjun."

He shook his head as rain slowly wells up in his eyes. "No, Jieun!"

Then he woke up.

His entire room is dark, and he woke up, panting. Somehow he's out of breath, it looks like he just ran a marathon.

Renjun looked at the clock, it's 3am. He closed his eyes, trying to steady his breath. He looked to his right, looking straight into the mirror. He's shocked, looking at his own reflections. His eyes are red- bright red.

He closed his eyes, shaking his head lightly. "It's just a dream Renjun, just a dream."

well- okay;)

well- okay;)