Chapter 23: Apologies

Start from the beginning

Forgetting about why I need to be quiet, I go to talk to Matty, "What the hell are you doing here?"

This time I manage to get a full sentence out before being yelled at to not talk.

Yay me.

I hope you can feel my sarcasm.

"Well, you look a little, tied up here? So I'm just going to help myself to your fridge" Matty smirks' at me and walks off towards the kitchen.

"Matty don't you dare-" at this point, I'm not even surprised that I'm being cut off again.

"Stop talking, you are no longer allowed to talk!" Scar had her scary face on but I was more afraid of what Matty was going to do to my kitchen.

"But-"

"Not a word Linc." she was pointing her finger at me and at this point, I was done being treated like a toddler.

"You are not-"

"Not. A. Single. Word. Lincoln Bartholomew McBride!" Much to my dismay she pretty much screamed that last part.

My mouth opened and closed like a fish for a good minute. I can not believe she used my middle name, she promised she would never tell another living soul.

Jacob was having a blast with this new information and was laughing his ass off along with Mira who was trying not to.

I gave up, folding my arms and leaning back into the couch. I will not risk Scar reviling any more secrets today, that stupid, ridiculous' middle name was enough.

Ugh, I'm never gonna hear the end of this.

Oh my god, Rowan's going to have a field day with this.

Fuck me.

Maya was the one to break the silence when she called after Matty, "Hey! Wait for me, I want some too." and with that, she ran off into the kitchen.

~~~

In the end, Mira had won, not only because she pulled one of her knives on Scar but she was right, I can't just sit here. We both just had to rip off the band-aid and talk like adults.

The car pulled up to the front gate of Ro's house and Mira rolled down the window to say hello to the guard. The gate opened and she pulled up into the driveway.

"Are you sure this is a good idea? Luke's not gonna, like kill me the second I walk through the door right?" She looked annoyed and ignored me as she opened the door and pushed me through it.

Like I expected the first thing I see is Luke, well technically not Luke, more like the barrel of his gun.

"Give me one good reason why I shouldn't shoot you right now." His tone was serious and to be honest I was a little scared.

"Mira" Looking to my right I give her a pleading look. Again she rolls her eyes but comes over and lowers Luke's gun, "I think this might be a little more appropriate."

I was confused for a second until I looked down to see where his gun was pointing, right at my crotch.

My eyes widened and I moved my hands to try and protect myself, not that it would do much good against a bullet.

"Okay, that's enough. Luke put the gun down Linc has some apologizing to do." at Mira's words he slowly lowers the gun and turns to her, "Are you sure this is the best idea? Can't we just kill him and make it look like an accident? Rowan won't be that mad."

Mira just gives him a look and he pouts, "It was just a suggestion." then he turns to look at me.

"I'm going to say this once. If you upset her any more, you're dead. If you make her cry again, you're dead. If I hear her yell at all, you're dead. If you do anything other than apologies for being the man whore jackass you are, you are dead. You understand?"