Seemingly picking up on not being outnumbered, they come to a stop in front of a petite spring river. Flicking through all connected emotions, I notice Lex's concern. I send calming waves through the link before turning back to the being opposite.

The Wolf lowers their front half, displaying their will to fight me for chasing them home. They're no danger to me, just threatened and defending themselves. Pushing as much of my body against the grass as I am able to, I show my submission. Too much has occurred with Rogue's lately, I don't want to piss another off my mistake.

Staying put, I wait for her to approach at her own pace. Inhaling the air around us, she cautiously strides over on long legs, circling me to examine my body language. She sits on her hind legs in front, allowing me to stand and shake out my fur.

Her multi brown coat puffs as another presence makes themselves known. She jumps to her feet to defend though I jog up to her side, nudging at her neck with my nose to keep the mood serene with a trick I learnt a couple of years ago.

There have been many times in the past when a Rogue has come near our home. I always try to talk to them before Lex realises since she has no problem with tearing them limb from limb. As soon as I'm trusted enough to touch them, she steps down.

The girl beside me mimics the action, informing that she is no longer troubled by us or warning us to stay away. Trotting over to my Mate, I lick her cheek a few times.

No longer fussed about our existence, the girl drops to the floor. Meanwhile, Alexis disappears behind a tree, returning fully dressed with a bag she must have been carrying around with her. She tips out one of her long shirts and some shorts for me to wiggle into. I drag my hair into a ponytail with the use of the scrunchy keyring on the bag.

"My name's Zoe, this is my Mate Alexis." I say, attaching the taller woman to my waist to restrain her intimidation. I throw over a jumper and joggers from the bottom of the carrier to the female in case she wants to shift back to talk.

She wavers at the offer for a moment before jumping into the long grass that covers most of her body. As soon as she stands, I can tell where the rest of this is going. She has the signature brown hair and tanned skin. Though her eyes are peacock rather than soot. I pass her another hair tie for the uncontrollable waves that don't appear to have seen a hairbrush in years.

Lex's arms tighten on my hips when noticing my intense gaze searching the young girl, possessive idiot. Reaching my hand back and up to her head, I begin to scratch behind her ear. What a week this has been.

"You're a Rogue, right? And a lone Wolf. From age five?" Her head moves up and down to my assumptions, eyeing us wearily. "Clara?" I ask, smirking. The grip on me threatens to break a bone. "I didn't think the calling tether's would work." I scoff. Two years ago I learnt I can draw someone to a place or person, but didn't think it would work long distance.

"I'll let you deal with this one." Shoving the shocked woman in front of me, I plop down under a tree's shadow.

My Love gradually moves closer, making Clara shy away from the dominating height and build. She isn't much smaller than Lex, but enough to be intimidated. "Alexis? As in Alexis Young?" Her soft voice is breathy. "Yeah. I have a brother called Joshua Young and a sister, Clara Young." They share similar expressions, their relief and surprise almost identical - Josh is clearly more expressive than they are.

"Prove it." The smaller female steps back, refusing to meet her eyes. "You used to say your favourite book was Disney's Cinderella when it was actually Grimm Fairy tales." She's completely confident in her answer, enough to make the lass cry. "I would always let you blow out my birthday candles. Josh used to dress up in your Princess dresses to cheer you up on bad days." She continues, letting her own tears drip onto her shirt.