Before I reached the front door however, Joe grabbed me and lifted me up. “Oh hell no, you’re helping too.” And with that said, both of the guys were laughing, hauling bag after bag into the house. Well at least their friendship wasn’t going to suffer too badly.

**

Today, I had woken up with the most awful headache. I didn’t know what brought it on but I took two aspirin in the hope that it would disappear. It kept coming back throughout the day, and when it did, I found it extremely hard to concentrate.

Lia noticed after lunch and urged me to go home. I appreciated her concern but in all honesty, her talking wasn’t helping at all.

When last period rolled on through, I stumbled into my seat where I placed my head on the desk, hopefully to stop the room from spinning. It was getting worse and all I could think about doing was going to sleep.

“Are you okay?” a deep and comical voice asked. When I opened one eye, Dan’s face enveloped my vision and I suppressed a sigh.

“Not really. Can you just leave me alone for once?” I asked, shutting my eye again so that the light wouldn’t hurt it anymore.

“Hmm, I don’t know. Let me see. I’m your teacher and you’re my student—”

“Na-uh. You’re just finishing your punishment, so leave me alone,” I whispered, scrunching up my forehead as I willed the headache to go away.

I heard some shuffling and the moving around of chairs and tables. When I opened my eyes, I noticed many of my classmates sitting down, preparing for the lesson. Dan smirked slightly, placing his hand on my forehead. With a dramatic yelp, he pulled it away and asked the closest girl to blow on it. “God, it’s burning. Yes, keep blowing on it. Mhmm… very good.” I rolled my eyes at the display before closing them again.

“Miss Lindon, what are you doing?” I heard Mr Randy ask, presumably as he walked into the classroom.

“Oh, I’m, uh…” I opened my eyes, seeing a blush form on Natasha’s face, and for the moment, my headache seemed inconsequential. This was slightly entertaining. “…well you see—”

“Is it tomorrow yet? Get on with it,” Mr Randy urged, looking frustrated.

I looked back at Natasha, noticing her flushed face as she looked at Dan for help. He just shrugged, looking away and leaving it all up to her. “His hands were burning so I went to blow on it…” When the class started bickering, she bit her tongue, obviously realising how Dan had put her in a compromising situation, not to mention he made her look like a total idiot, too.

“Well Miss Lindon, please refrain from doing so in my class again,” Mr Randy told her, eyes narrowing. She nodded her head, looking at Dan with an annoyed expression but he seemed uncaring.

Today’s class turned out to be a little different than usual; Dan helped with the practical students whilst Mr. Randy taught the rest of us some theory. I was part of the ‘theory’ group, which was merely taking notes and not taking in a single word Mr. Randy had to say. I mean, even though my headache was subsiding, I didn’t want it to come back by over thinking or anything.

By the end of the lesson, my headache was returning and I put my head on the desk so that the pain would lessen. When that didn’t happen, I closed my eyes, trying not to think of anything. However, just when I was getting somewhere, the bell rang, causing my internal pain to spike.

“Rain, are you alright there?” Mr Randy asked. I kept my eyes shut, focusing on my breathing. “Dan, take her to the nurses office. You know where that is?” He asked Dan but I was losing focus on their conversation. All I could feel was the migraine pounding murderously in my head, and I just wanted it to end.