chapter 3

heyy guys, so I am going to be writing in Australian Grammar since I am Australian

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“I can’t believe you kids!” My dad yelled at both my brother and I. It was about 12 or so in the afternoon, and because we both slept in with massive hangovers, we didn’t finish cleaning the house before my dad arrived home. “So what should I do? Do I stay home and take care of two immature kids, and by that, risk not paying the bills?” He screamed at us, but the only thing I did was put my hands on the outskirts of my ears. His voice was giving me a headache.

“Dad take it easy. We were doing just fine, cleaning up the mess before you came.” Joe retaliated. I could tell my dad was giving him a headache too.

“You didn’t even ask if you could throw a party.” He sat down on the couch, oblivious to the beer stains from last night and sighed deeply.

“Dad, I left you a voicemail on your work and personal phone.” Joe commented quietly, and I raised my eyes in confusion.

“You told me you were throwing a party with a few of your friends. This doesn’t look like a party with a ‘few’ friends!” My dad commented, frowning slightly. When both my brother and I were quiet, my dad got up from the couch and told us to sit down where he just sat. “Now, this is what’s going to happen from this moment. You will clean up the mess from inside the house, and the outside. If that means cleaning up spew, cans of drinks from the neighbour’s yards, do it. I also expect no more parties to be ‘thrown’ at this house unless you ask me properly. You guys are lucky that it’s a weekend, or else I would have made your punishment worse.” I think this punishment was sobering me up fairly quickly, especially when I heard that I will be cleaning up random people’s spew.

“Come on dad. We were already doing that. Take a chill pill and relax on those high notes.” Joe muttered yet wincing as my dad gave him a heavy look.

“I’m sure others wouldn’t take this as lightly as I have. You’re so lucky that I’m working on a big fat case at the moment, otherwise I would be a lot stricter. Now get up and move.” Joe hastily got up from the chair and ran upstairs to get changed, but as I went to do the same, my dad stopped me by saying my name. “And Rain. Out of all people to get wasted, I didn’t expect you to be there. You’re still seventeen. But, I understand how all teenagers get, though I don’t want it happening again. Also, you’re too smart to waste your life down this road, so don’t disappoint me.” I nodded my head, a little confused by what he was talking about and then ran upstairs to my room. I quickly got changed into a pair of shorts and a plain white singlet and began to clean upstairs. It wasn’t that bad, since we kind of blocked the upstairs area, though I picked up a few bottles and clothes and disposed them in the big black garbage bag I was holding.

When I went downstairs, I noticed it was clean, possibly by Joe, so I went into the backyard. Surprisingly it was clean too. Wow, even the pool was sparkling blue. Hmm, I doubt Joe did all this by himself, and if the morning cleaning counted for anything, I didn’t expect the backyard to be cleaned.

Scrunching up my face in confusion, I walked back inside, and entered the kitchen. That was clean too. I was about to leave, when I noticed a pink poster on the fridge. It stated ‘We tried to help as much as we can, but you guys have to do the rest, love Lia and Natasha xoxo.’ Aww, I didn’t expect them to do much since both those girls were drunk out of their faces last night. Well, I think they were.

Walking out the front door, I saw a lot of bottles, which I disposed fairly quickly, but I was getting really hot. “I would kill for a bottle of water.” I commented, while picking up some ripped clothing. Eww, don’t want to know who that belongs to.

“Hey Rain. You know where your brothers at?” Matt screamed from across the road. I literally jumped at the loudness of his voice, then realised he almost gave me a fricken heart attack.

“Don’t yell. You scared me half to death.” I shook my head, feigning anger, as I watched him come towards me. Damn, why is he wearing a pair of boxers and a white singlet. He looks so hot right now.

“Hello Rain. You there?” All of a sudden, I saw Matt’s hands waving in front of my face, and I blushed a bright red. Crap!

“Well you did give me a near fatal death experience. I was almost there. Walking towards the light and I guess your voice and hands in front of my face saved me.” I stated sarcastically, which caused Matt to smile in confusion. “And I haven’t seen Joe anywhere.” I commented quickly, walking towards the side of my house to put the garbage bag in the bin.

When I walked towards the front of my yard again, Matt was still there, looking at me expectantly. “Ah, what do you want?” I asked suspiciously, knowing he has never waited for me before.

He seemed to blush a little, though I could be mistaken, and bit his lip. Shit! He looks so hot right now, especially since I can see him muscles popping out of his shirt as he moves his hands around. “I know I shouldn’t be asking you, since you’re Joe’s little sister, but I don’t know what else to do.” Wait, rewind. What is he talking about? And I have to remember that all he is ever going to see me as is ‘Joe’s little sister!” And I’m only like one year and 2 months younger than him. It’s not a big difference, is it?

“I think this conversation needs to be held inside the house, because some neighbours are too nosy.” I stated, waving at the old little witch across from house. She smiled evilly, and I returned the favour, as I grabbed Matt’s hands and dragged him inside the house.

“Why was Mrs Hottle giving you an evil look?” Matt questioned when we both sat on the kitchen counter.

“Oh that’s a really, really, really long story.” I rolled my eyes and then continued to stare at him. We were seating pretty close actually. I wanted to move closer, but knew it would be awkward so I asked him a question. “So what exactly do you need my assistance with?”

He seemed to delay the inevitable by looking out the kitchen window. I knew I should give him time or whatever, but my dad is pretty much in the shits with my brother and I, so I needed things to hurry along, even though I wished otherwise.

“Earth to Matt!” I waved my hands in front of his face, which caused him to blink uncontrollably. I laughed out loud because he looked so cute, but then I turned serious. “ Honestly, what’s up?” I asked again.

He looked me in the eyes and I could tell it was something serious. For some reason, I didn’t want to hear about it anymore but he needed someone to tell. “I think I might have gotten some girl pregnant?” He turned away from me then, and I felt my heart clench. For some reason, it only lasted a second, until I felt this overwhelming jealousy stride through my very soul.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

well I was going to continue but thought I'd leave it here...alsoo comment/fan/vote and let me know how I am going thnxx