chapter 36

“Is it too much because I can just...” As my boyfriend continued to trail along about Lord knows what, I looked around at what was once Matt’s lounge room.

Set out before me was a massive transformation of Matt’s lounge room which brought a huge smile to my face. Where the couches were once situated in the middle of the room, seemed to have been placed against the wall, adjacent Matt and I. Instead, two bean bag chairs, along with a couple of blankets and pillows sat on the floor, directly in front of Matt’s huge T.V set.

Chuckling aloud, I was amused by the amount of junk food laying on the floor, adjacent the bean bag chairs. Who did he think was going to eat all the food; us?

“Oh man, did I go overboard?” A nervous Matt asked, scratching the back of his neck as he awaited my answer.

“I-you...” I was still looking around, mesmerised by the sight in front of me. No way would I have ever imagined Matt taking the time to do something like this “...well, of course you did.” I finally looked in his direction, pleased with the light blush creeping along his cheeks. I definitely knew how to tease my man. “I’m kidding Matt...” I observed the colouring of his cheeks return to normal when he realised I was only teasing “...I guess you did put a lot of thought into this night, huh?” I asked, though I was surprised by the intensity of his gaze when I returned his gaze fully.

“It was nothing.” He responded, looking away when I continued to gaze into the deep depths of his darkened eyes.

Walking towards the centre of the room, I picked up the pink flavoured gummy bears, chucking the packet in his direction. He caught it with a smirk on his face. “You kept my gift after all. Who would have thought you would save them?” I teased, remembering the trip to the grocery stores a few months bag.

“You will never let it go, will ya?” He asked, though a mischievous glint appeared in his eyes.

“Hey, I wasn’t the one who used to sneak them, especially when we had a stash in our cabinet at home.” I remembered a few years back, while I was in the kitchen reading or studying, Matt walked straight pass me, oblivious to the world. I remembered observing the way he opened up a packet of pink gummy bears, ravishing them senseless. When I cleared my throat, he dropped the open packet onto the floor, expression embarrassed at that thought that someone had caught his guilty pleasure. When I chuckled, he threatened to make my life hell if I had ever told anyone. I stayed quiet, keeping his secret safe and sound.

“It was one time.” He argued, though I could see through his lie easily. I distinctly remembered catching him through the act a few times after that incident, though, I merely shrugged it off, chuckling softly when I realised that I was the only person in the whole wide world who knew his secret.

“No need to lie. I’ve kept your secret for a few years now.” I looked at the pile of dvd’s sprawled along the floor in front of the T.V, wondering which movie we should watch.

“I guess my threat worked on you huh?” He asked, walking towards me slowly. I gazed at his body longingly, enjoying the view that his white t-shirt and washed out denim jeans provided. He wasn’t too built, nor was he scrawny looking either. He was just right, tall and lean. “Hey, stop violating me.” I was pulled out of my gaze slowly, noticing the wide smirk appear on his handsome face.

“W-what?” I asked, suddenly very confused as to what he said.

“I told you that you needed to stop violating me.” He repeated again, eyes once more glistening with mischief.

“Hey...” I hit his chest which was suddenly very near where I stood. Satisfied with the low sound of a groan emitting out of his mouth, I continued to raise a point “...I’m your girlfriend; I can violate you anyway I want.” To prove my point, I looked at the whole of his body length, smirking and licking my lips as the movement of my eyes caught his mid-section.