chapter 24

Hey guys, sorry for the delay but just been busy

so, if u didn't receive the message, my editor and I managed to find actors who fit Matt and Dan's character really well (well, we think so anyway)

Matt = Matt Lanter

Dan = Travis Caldwell

so, the next part of the competition

If you would like to submit a banner, for either team Dan or team Matt, using the above actors, then fill free to send them to me and if your banner gets selected, I'll post it up as the chapters keep coming along and will dedicate the chapter to you...sound cool???

btw, this has been edited by Kate Dimka :) AND she has created this banner for TEAM DAN!! >>>>>

***

Walking along the edge of the crowded dance floor, the bright fluorescent lights flickered, blinding me as they crossed my sight. Smoke sidled through bodies from the corner of the room and clouded everyone’s feet. The fast motion and smokey atmosphere was a great contrast to the dimly lit, carefree lounge and bar area, the area that we were headed.

Dan’s hand slowly made its way to my lower back. It was a light touch, a feathery one to show other males, and perhaps females too, that I was his for the night.

“Could we get a table for two, please?” Dan asked the lady before us. She had long brunette hair and a pair of sparkling dark eyes to match. She seemed to be in her mid twenties, perhaps. Chewing on her gum slowly, she looked us up and down.

“You got I.D?” she asked. The question may have been directed at the both of us, but her eyes stayed plastered to Dan’s body, which was fairly defined through his t-shirt.  

“Yeah, sure.” We both pulled out our I.D’s and handed them over to the woman, who, by the way, held a sadistic smirk on her face. There could only be one thing running through her mind, and that was that she thought she could probably steal Dan away by the end of the night. She probably could, too.

“Follow me.” She handed back our cards and motioned for us to follow her.

I glanced at Dan who seemed to be looking everywhere but at me. I don’t know what he was doing, if he was nervous or worried, but to me, it looked as though he was scoping. For what, I don’t know, but it would be incredibly rude if he was scoping for other women.

“I could only get you this one. Sorry that’s it’s in the back.” She looked genuinely sorry as she ogled over Dan, holding his gaze for the entire exchange. God, didn’t she realise that she looked desperate. What a loser.

“Thanks…” Dan trailed, looking at the woman expectantly.

“Lisa,” she offered, looking a little dazed. Oh man, Dan was good. Really good!

“Thanks, Lisa. Can we get two glasses of water, please?” he asked huskily. A tiny smirk turned up at the corner of his lips and Lisa nodded enthusiastically as she tried to hide the blush that had risen to her cheeks.

“Not a problem.” Her widening grin escalated for a second too long and then she turned away to go and get our drinks.