Chapter 4

Viggo's pov
"Put Iosef in the Red Circle and Wait."i said to Avi,"For what?"he asked."For John Wick,of course."i said,"and the girl?"he asked."make sure there's a guard by her door."i said,Avi nodded.

No one's pov
John packed everything he needed and drove all the way to the city,he was going to the Continental.once he arrived he grabs his suitcase and walks inside,people turn their heads and gasp when they see John.

Is that John Wick?

The boogeyman?what's he doing here?

I heard he retired

The concierge named Charon was at the desk with a woman named Perkins who was checking in."room 918."Charon said as he handed Perkins her room key,she takes the key."do enjoy your stay."Charon said to her,"Thanks."she said.she turns around and slowly walks past John,"Good to see you again,John."she said."Perkins."he said,he then walked up to Charon."I have you for 2 nights."Charon said,"depending on business it may be more."John replied."of course sir."Charon said,typing in his computer.John looked around,"So when did the old place get a face lift?"he asked Charon."around 4 years ago,but I assure you sir:she really hasn't changed much."Charon replied,"same owner?"John asked.Charon nodded,"Same owner."he replied.

John hands him gold coins,Charon takes them and hands him a room key."room 818."he said,John nodded and took the key.he picks up his suitcase and starts to head upstairs,"It is a pleasure having you with us again,Mr.Wick."Charon,John stopped walking.he turned around,nodded,then he headed to his room.Later that night:John sits on his bed,pulls out his phone,and opens a video.it was a video of when John,Helen,and Thalia went to the beach.John remembered that day so fondly:Thalia making sandcastles and collecting seashells while John and Helen held hands and stared at the ocean,John could remember the breeze blowing on her hair.she looked at him and smiled,"What are you doing John?"she asked him."looking at you."he replied,she smiled.

"Come here."she said,John moved the camera.Helen and John kissed as he faced the camera towards them,"I wanna kiss too!"Thalia pouted.John and Helen laughed,"alright,alright."Helen said.John and Helen both kissed Thalia on the cheek,she giggled an smiled.John stops the video and sits up on his bed,"don't worry Thalia,papa's coming to get you."he thought.his poor child,she was probably so terrified.he shakes his head,he gets up from his bed and leaves his room.he heads all the way down to the basement and comes face to face at a black door,he puts a gold coin in the coin slot.a little window on the door opens,the guard stares at John.the guard then shuts the little window and opens the door,revealing a nightclub.

John walks in and finds Winston,the owner of the Continental.As he walked up to Winston he was reading a book,"Hello Winston."John greets him.Winston looks up from his book and smiles,"Jonathan."he says.He takes off his reading glasses and places them on top of his book that he was reading,"Now:as I recall,weren't you the one tasked to dole out the beatings,no receive them?"he asked.John sat across from him,"Rusty I guess."John replied."To what do we owe the pleasure?"Winston asked him,"Iosef Tarasov."John says."what about him?"Winston asked,"I'd like to talk to him."John said."a talk you say?I'm familiar with the parlance Jonathan,I'll ask you this:have you returned to the fold?"he asked John,"just visiting."John replied.

"Have you thought this through?I mean,chewed down to the bone?you got out once,you dip so much as a pinky back into this pond you may as well find something reaches out and drags you back into its depths."Winston warned him,"Where do I find him?"John asked."You know the rules,no business can be conducted on these premises lest incurring heavy penalties."Winston reminded John,he picked up his drink and held it up."Have a drink and relax,for now."he said to John,"It's personal."John said.he got up and walked to the bar."Holy Shit!Jonathan!"Addy exclaimed,she was surprised to see John."Hey Addy."he greeted her,"my god!"she said.she kissed him on the cheek,"how long has it been?4 years?"she asked.

"5 and change."John replied,"so tell me,how's life on the other side?"she asked him."It's good Addy,far better than I deserved."he replied,"hey I'm sorry to hear about your wife."she said."Thanks."he simply replied,"How's Thalia?"Addy asked.John clenched his hand into a fist,does Addy even know about Thalia?"She's fine."John managed to say,"Are you ever gonna tell her about all of this?"she asked him."when she's a teenager,she'll be ready for this life,she's only 7 years old now..."he said."I've never seen you life this."she said,he looked at her."like what?"he asked,"vulnerable."she simply replied."I'm retired."John said,"not if you're drinking here,your usual?"she asked.

"Please."he said,as she makes his drink John looked around."Compliments on the House."Addy said as she placed his drink in front of him,"thanks."he said.he looked down and saw a napkin with two words written on it:

Red circle