Chapter 45

Thalia's pov
Finally:me,Sofia,and dad regrouped and looked around.it seemed that everything was clear so we began to leave until a car came up and some men start to get out,Sofia and dad shot at the guys while the dogs jumped through a window and attacked a guy in the car.we get in the car and pull out the dead bodies,I sat in the back with the dogs while Sofia and John sat in the front.Sofia drives us all through the night and a good chunk of the early morning out into the desert,I wanted to sleep but my PTSD and insomnia wouldn't let me.after stopping at one point,we get out of the car.Sofia goes to the back of the car and opens the trunk to let her dogs out,she gets a bowl and places it down on the sand.

I watched her pour water in the bowl while dad looked out at the desert,sweat dropped down my forehead and I looked around at my surroundings."You're gonna die John.whether out here on this desert or somewhere else down the road.but you're gonna die,and so is your daughter."she said,dad pulled out the marker from his pocket.he opens it,pricks his finger on the needle on top,and places his bloody thumbprint inside of the marker next to the one Sofia made."Consequences."he said as he handed her the marker,"Consequences."she said as she took the marker.she hold out a bottle with a very small amount of water inside,dad goes to grab it but Sofia pulled it away from him and starts to drink the water.

I turned around,trying to not show how upset I was by this."Better get going."she sneered as I turned back around,she handed the bottle of water to John.i looked at the bottle of water in a gross way,I shook my head."Sofia."dad muttered,in a manner of saying goodbye,dad and I began to walk into the desert while she and her dogs load back up in the car and drive off.hours go by as me and dad continued to walk through the day and night into the next day,I couldn't take it anymore.i tried my best to push myself to continue walking by I was exhausted,I start to stumble a bit.dad notices and grabbed me,he tried his best to carry me.but since he was tired too,we ended up both collapsing onto the sand.i slowly began to close my eyes and everything went dark.