Chapter 13

Thalia's pov
A loud boom went off and send us flying backwards,i gasped as I saw the house in flames.when dad got up and saw the house in flames I could tell he was angry.i too was angry,but I also upset.our home was gone,Dog barked and ran towards us.i sobbed as I hugged dog,dad placed his hand on my shoulder.everything was in flames:pictures of me and dad and mom,my bunny plush that I adored so much,everything.Later that night,me and dad were sitting on the back of a fire truck as they put out the flames.

"well good evening John."Jimmy the cop greeted my dad,"evening Thalia."he greeted me as well."Hey Jimmy."me and my dad both said,he leaned against the truck and pointed at the house."Gas leak?"he asked my dad,"Yeah...gas leak."my dad said.i leaned my head against his shoulder,I had so many feeling swarming through my head and I didn't know what do to do,is there anything I can even do?"you working again?"Jimmy asked my dad,my dad looked at him."I'll see you,Jimmy."my dad said,we both got up."come on boy."i said to dog,he walked beside me and dad."dad...where are we going?"I asked as we walked,he didn't say anything.after a while,he finally spoke.

"To the Continental,I need to talk to Winston."

I looked at him,widening my eyes.

So much for burying the past