Chapter 39

Thalia's pov
"You are owed,you are owed nothing Jardani.you know when pupils first come here,they wish for one thing:a life free of suffering.i try to dissuade them from these childish notions,but as you know:Art is pain,life is suffering."she said as we passed by some of the dancers stretching and preparing for their practice,I didn't even flinch when I saw a girl rip off her toenail.i instead,lightly touched my missing earlobe."somehow you managed to get out.but here you are,back where it all began.all of this for what?"she asked,dad looked at his wedding ring.i looked at it sadly,the director looked at the ring then at me."Ah,love and your daughter,of course."she said in a disappointing tone,we continued to walk down the steps.

"She's my daughter,she believes that I can overcome anything.I can't imagine what life would be like with her and Helen both gone..."dad said,the director laughed."oh,she's already made you soft!not a good sign,Jardani."she said,"because of my dad my eyes have been opened to a world I never knew,and I thank him for that."i said.both dad and the director seemed impressed,we continued to walk.then we entered a room where I think a wrestling match was going on,"fond memories?"the director asked dad as he looked at the wrestling match.she smirks and continues to walk.we then made it to a large office,"sit."she said to us.