Chapter 16

No one's pov
"Welcome to the Continental of Rome."a woman greeted John and Thalia as they entered the large and elegant hotel and walk up to the front desk."How may I be of assistance?"she asked them,"we'd like a room."John said to the woman as he places a couple of coins on the desk and pushes it towards her."Jonathan!"John and Thalia turned around and saw a well dressed older man walking towards them."Julius."John greeted him,they shake hands.he then sees Thalia,"You must be Thalia Wick,John's daughter."he said."yeah,that's me."she spoke in Italian,Julius seemed impressed.

"you did a good job raising her John."he complimented John.he gestures to some chairs,all three of them sat down.Julius looked at John for a moment,"I fail to recall the last time you were in Rome,and here I heard you had retired."he said."I had."John says,he looks at Thalia then back at John."I assume she knows?"he asked her,"I do."Thalia replied."then humor me with one question John:are you here for the pope?"he asked John,"no."John replied."alright then."Julius said,he digs into his pocket and pulls out a room key."our finest room."he said,handing John the key."Thanks."John and Thalia both say,"enjoy your day."Julius said.