Chapter 17

Thalia's pov
The next day was a big day as dad took me to this building,we started to get ready for this mission:we first went to this man who has the maps of the D'Antonio estate and the ruins that ran under it,after that he showed us a map of the temple and the catacombs that ran underneath it,he then showed us the modern blueprints of the place."interesting."I thought as we looked over the maps,once it was done he handed my dad the keys to the catacombs,my dad gave him five coins.Next:we went to a tailor to make us all suits,I was nervous about this part because dad knew exactly what they wanted.luckily dad helped me so I didn't feel totally alienated,the tailor showed us bullet proof vests they made.

They demonstrate that the bullet wouldn't penetrate you but the impact would still hurt,"great."I thought.dad asked him if he could do a rush order and the man said yes,the man asks where to take the clothes,dad tells him to take it to the Continental.last stop was the armory,I was very excited about this part.the man working there explains each gun while dad tried them out,both little guns and big guns.i was more comfortable with knifes and little guns,"I have the perfect weapon for you ma'am."he said.he went to the back,he then came back with black boots.after I put them on he explained how they work:I stomp on the ground twice to active the knifes they were in the boots.

"Woah...."I whispered as I stomped on the ground,like he said:a knife appeared."oh I'm going to have a lot of fun with this."i thought,grinning a bit.that night,I stared at myself in the mirror in the bathroom.i already had my suit,bullet proof vest,and knife boots on."You ok Thalia?"dad asked,walking in the bathroom.he had all of this things on too,he was now just putting on his gun hostler.i sighed,I picked up on of my knifes and grabbed my ponytail.i immediately cut it off and threw it in the garbage can.i looked at him,"I'll be better this way."I reassured him.i walked past him and put my gun hostler on my waist,"Are you sure you're ready for this?"he asked me as I tucked a knife in my sleeve."Yeah,I'm ready for this."i said,he smiled a bit.