Chapter 42

Thalia's pov
When we were on the boat dad told me everything about his past and the marker he had,so I at least knew about Sofia.we walk into a large room with couches,a fireplace,and some tables.i walked towards a desk with pictures on it,"this must be Sofia and her daughter."I thought as I picked one picture up.as I looked at the pictures I heard paws trotting on the floor,then I heard a growl.dad and I saw two dogs growling and barking at us,one of the dogs snarled at dad."you and your daughter dog people John?"a woman's voice said,it was Sofia."Sofia."dad said,holding up his hands to show that he means no harm.as I copied him Sofia raises her gun and shoots dad,"DAD!"I exclaimed.

I glared at Sofia and whipped out my katanas,I stood protectively in front of my dad."Sofia!you can't kill the bearer of your marker."dad said as Sofia aimed her gun at me,"I didn't kill you,I just shot you."she said."nice suit."she glared at us,"good to see you too."dad said to her."I'll shoot you in the head right now."she growled,"I know."dad said."I wouldn't advise that you do that,not unless you want the last thing you see to be me."I threatened her,holding my Katanas tightly."oh really?"she said in disbelief,"wanna find out?"I said angrily."Thalia,don't.put down your katanas,now."dad said,I looked at dad.i let out a heavy sigh and put my katanas on my belt as dad slowly pulled out the blood oath,"don't you do it."Sofia growls.

Dad pulled out the marker and holds it up as I help him stand up."you're excommunicado John,and that marker...doesn't mean shit."she said,dad opened it and shows the bloody thumb print inside."this is your blood,your bond.when you needed help,I was there."he said.she sighed and lowered her gun,"sit."she commanded.dad and I both looked at the dogs,thinking she was talking to them."i was talking to you."she said to us,we sat down on the couch,she sat on the couch across from us."you realize that I'm management now,right?Im not in service anymore John,so I don't go around and shoot people in the head."she replied,"I'm not asking you to kill anyone,I just need you to get me to him."dad said.

"To who?"she asked,"your old boss."he replied,"you wanna kill Berrada?"she asked.i could tell she sounded confused,"we just wanna talk to him,we don't wanna hurt anyone."i said."What could he possibly give you John?"she asked my dad,completely ignoring me."guidance."dad said,"oh,come on,I made a deal when I agreed to run this hotel and that deal said that I had to follow the rules of the table.if you're not gonna kill him,he's gonna kill you,and then probably me too for walking you up there.If I make one mistake,one enemy,maybe somebody goes looking for my daughter.and I know what you did John,to get her out.But that's not a chance I can take,sorry."she said.

"Don't you wanna know where she is?"I asked her,"No.i don't ever want to know,because I don't trust that I won't go looking for her.a part of me longs for her,and I have to kill that part of myself everyday just to keep her safe.because sometimes,you have to kill what you love."she faced my dad."That's why I gave you that marker in the first place,and that's why I'm sitting here right now,and that's why I'm fucked!"she exclaimed,her eyes tearing up in anger and hurt."consequences..."I whispered,"yeah...consequences."she said tearfully."I'm just asking you to try.either way,you and me,we'll be even."dad said,setting the marker down on the table and sliding it across to her.

"No,after this:we are less than even."