Chapter 44

Thalia's pov
He pulls out a cigar from the box,"I'm sorry Mr.Wick,I cannot tell you where to find the elder.you fail to understand:the elder is not a man you find.he can only choose to find you.you wish to speak to him?go to the edge of the desert,look up.Canis minor.The dog followed the lion through the sky,you follow the brightest star,walk until you're almost dead.then,keep walking.When you are on your last breath,he will find you,or he will not."Berrada said as John stood back up."I am grateful."dad said as he set the glass on the desk,"Thank you."Sofia said.as we began to walk away Berrada said,"perhaps you were not listening before."we stopped walking and turned around to face him.

"The social contract,the commerce of relationships.You have received a great gift,I have hosted your friend.what do you offer in return?"Berrada asked Sofia,he walks over to one of her dogs."So soft,so fierce.i love it,this dog,I will keep it."he said as he pet the dog,"Excuse me?"Sofia asked in a confused tone."This will be my gift,this will be how you show me your fealty."Berrada said,"No."Sofia said firmly."Very well,very well."Berrada said,raising his arms up.he walks over to his desk,digs into his box,and pulls out a gun."then I will kill it."he said as he fired a bullet at the dog,Sofia let's out a yelp as the dog drops to its side.Luckily,the dog was ok thanks to the vest around him."Dazir!"Sofia cries as she kneels down to her dog and pets it,"I'm sorry Sofia,this was for you to learn."Berrada said.

Sofia grabs the gun she hid under Dazir's vest,she looks at me and dad,we both shook our heads."Don't."dad warned her,she pulls out the gun and shoots Berrada.All of his guards come out as she shoots a few,I kicked one guard in the knee and got my katanas back.dad grabbed a guard's gun and used it against him,dad and I began to fight the guards together.Berrada gets up but one of Sofia's dogs runs to him and latches it jaw on his crotch area,making him scream out and fall backwards.another guard tried to shoot me but one of Sofia's dogs jump up and grabs his arm and pulls him down,John goes over to that guard and shoots him.

Berrada was still screaming in pain,Sofia goes over to him and aims her gun at him."Sofia don't!"I shouted at her,she looks over at me.she then looks at Berrada and shoots him in the leg,"he shot my dog."she said."we get it."dad said as I nodded,she lowered her gun and starts to walk away."we gotta go."she said as we began to leave,but the guards all started to come after us.we answered back with bullets and my katanas,"Now!"Sofia yelled.her dogs began to attack some men,we made it to the main area of the place when more guards come out and shoot at us.the place turned into a war zone as we attacked people,the dogs would come up and latch their jaws onto them.a few guards came up to me but I stabbed them with my katana while dad used a gun and occasionally a knife.