Chapter 46

Thalia's pov
My eyes flutter open as I start to regain consciousness,I groan and slowly rise up,Dad was right next to me.he had also just woken up,I looked around at my surroundings."Are we in a tent?"I thought,"drink."someone said.i saw a guy was in front of me and dad,I jumped a bit.dad and I reach for our jackets so see if we still have our weapons,"Don't worry,your weapons are still there.please,drink."the man reassured us.dad and I grabbed the cups in front of us and drank,man it feels good to be drinking water right now."My son,how have you come to be so lost?"the man asked my dad as soon as we finished drinking,"I'm not lost,looking for you."dad replied.

"You think I speak of your location?Never seen a man fight so hard to end up back where he started."the Elder said,he stands up and walks to me and my dad.he then kneeled down to my dad to look at him,"So tell me Jonathan,why do you wish to live?"he asked my dad.my dad looked at me,then back at the Elder."my daughter,Thalia.I've put her through so much,she doesn't deserve any of the things being thrown at her.i just want her to live a normal life with me,I want her to remember her mother Helen,i don't want her to be constantly paranoid about anything."my dad replied."oh dad..."I thought,I slightly smiled.

"I can give you one last chance to earn a life.However,it might not be the life that you wish for.Complete a task for us,and your excommunicado will be reversed:the open contract is closed,You will be permitted to continue to live.however,you won't be completely freed from under the table;you will be bound to it doing what you do best for the rest of your days."the elder said,I slightly frowned at this.doing what he does best?every person has their limits,I mean it's good that dad would get to live but...I dunno how I feel about him working for the high table for the rest of his life.then again,what other choice do we have at this point?We can choose to live or we can choose to die.