Chapter 47

Thalia's pov
"The choice is yours:die here now,or continue to live and be with your daughter."

dad looked at me for a moment before standing up,"what must be done?"he asked the elder."the cost of your life will be the death of others,first of which will be a man they call Winston."the elder said,my jaw dropped as my dad looked at him in a confused way."What?"dad said,sounding confused and shocked,"he has forgotten his fealty.Neither the open contract or excommunicado will be lifted until you complete your task:so,if you wish to live,and if you wish to be with her,this is the choice you must make."the elder said.i immediately looked at my dad,he stood there for a second before getting back down on his knees and bowing.

"I will serve.i will be of service."dad said,the elder nodded at him."Very well,my son."the elder said,a couple of men come inside holding a table.they set the table in front of us,the table had a place mat along with a chisel and hammer."Reaffirm your fealty to the table."the elder said to dad,I widened my eyes as my dad put his hand on the mat.dad was about to grab the chisel when the elder stopped him,"no,she should do it."the elder said as he pointed at me.i widened my eyes,"Why can't my dad do it?"I asked the elder.

"Pumpkin-"

"I shouldn't be the one to do it!"

"Honey-"

"Let my dad do it!"

"Thalia!"my dad yelled,making me jump.i looked at him,he looked at me.he exhaled,"you must do it."he said.i widened my eyes,i shakily take the chisel.i felt like puking so badly,I immediately chopped off my dad's ring finger.he screamed in pain,I backed away slightly.i looked at my hands in a fearful way,"I'm a monster!"I thought as I buried my face in my hands.i let out some deep shaky breaths as my dad hugged me,"I'm a monster...I'm a monster..."I whisper repeated."I'm so sorry Thalia."he whispered,the elder held up my dad's chopped off finger and took the wedding ring off of it."Good,I accept this offering and your fealty."the elder said,a man picked up an iron poker and warmed the tip over a fire.

"I wish you good luck on your path."