SPOILERS! |Ray| See You

Requested By: D4rlin9

Song: "When Can I See You Again?" by Owl City

Genre: Songfic, Canon, SPOILERS!!!

Guide:
(Y/N): Your Name

(Y/N)'s POV

The smell of dusty old books wafted to my face as soon as I entered the library.

I looked around and found Ray sitting at the top, his eyes fixed on the pages. I smiled to myself as I looked around the shelves, looking for a particular book.

'There it is!' I cheered as I took it out, dust started flying out. I coughed as I swatted away and stepped back.

'What are you doing?' Ray whispered as I bumped into him, irritation in his eyes. I nervously laughed as I backed away from him.

"Same as you," I showed him the book, excited to read it.

"A book about places around the world? I thought you liked space?"

"I do! But I wanna visit these places first," I opened the book to a random page, showing pictures of beaches, beautiful architectures, and nature.

"That's what you're going to do when you go out?"

"Yep! I'm gonna go around the world and go see everything I can! And when I'm done, I'm going to visit space,"

"Highly ambitious of you..." he said in a bored tone, making me pout.

"What? You don't think I can do it?"

"I didn't say that," he patted my head gently, "It's just that it's a little... out of reach, in my opinion," he explained, putting his hands in his pockets.

"And I don't quite see the point,"

"What do you mean?"

"They all look the same to me," he shrugged, "We already have a forest in here," he nodded at the window.

"Beaches, buildings, wow..." he said sarcastically, making me roll my eyes.

"And what about space?" I questioned, crossing my arms.

"You can't even look at the sun directly," he retorted, "Just some specs of light during the night sky, big whoop," he rolled his eyes, making me shake my head.

"You can already see all of that here,"

"But it isn't the same as experiencing it!" I defended, my spirit was still strong, "Plus! You can navigate your way around by studying the stars,"

"One day, I'm going to show you what makes it all so wonderful!" I declared, confident in myself. He rolled his eyes and gave me a smug smirk.

"Sure, good luck with that..."

'Hey, Ray,' I called out in a hushed tone as I pulled his sleeve. He looked at me with curious eyes as I pointed at the door.

'I wanna show you something,'

"What is it this time, (Y/N)?" Ray asked, carefully climbing up to the roof. I smiled at him as I pulled him up.

I pointed up the sky, the stars were shining brightly along with the moon. As if on cue, the meteor shower began.

"I remember reading one of the books saying that there was gonna be a meteor shower tonight," I said with a proud smile.