|Ray| Ordinary Day

Genre: Academy!AU, Sneak Peek

The Reader's POV

I took in a deep breath of fresh air as I gazed upon the all too familiar scene. Emma and the elementary kids were playing tag in the forest, Norman was tutoring the junior high kids, Miss Isabella was taking care of the preschoolers, and Ray was sitting on my right with his nose inside of another book. I watched happily at the scene before me, but there's this itching thought that I've had for these past few years.

"What are you thinking about?" Ray asked out of the blue, snapping me out of my daze.

"Oh it's nothing, it's just that it's so peaceful" I smiled as Emma and the children's laughter filled the air. Ray looked at me curiously. He sat up and put his book beside him, using a leaf as a bookmark. 

"You really like it here, huh (Y/N)?" Ray asked leaning onto my shoulder. I giggled as his hair tickled my neck and nose.

"What's not to like? Delicious food, a warm bed, and I have you guys here with me." I answered leaning against his head.

"Besides," I added, making the dark brunette look at me. "It's the only place we've ever known..." I whispered with a hint of sadness in my voice as I touched my ID number that's been imprinted to my neck.

II