|Ray| Blind to the Truth

A/N: Stay safe everyone!

Requested By: Lithium_4418

Genre: Blind!Reader

Guide:
(Y/N): Your Name

(Y/N)'s POV

"... I know it's you, Ray..." I turned to my right and heard someone chuckle behind me.

"How did you know it was me?"

"I practically memorized everyone's footsteps and scents by now, it's not that challenging," I answered as I reached out to him. I felt his hand and held it tightly as I made my way to his arm.

"Are you sure you want to keep looking after me? I can always stay at Mama's side..." I asked, turning to my right.

"Don't be so down on yourself," he flicked my forehead lightly as he sighed, "Besides, you can't always stay by Mama's side all the time," he added as we made our way to the dining room.

"Who do you think is gonna announce breakfast today?"

"Hmm... Judging by the rapid footsteps, I'd say it's Emma,"

"Breakfast is ready!" As if on cue, Emma's voice echoed through the halls along with the ringing of the bell.

"Ten... Nine... Eight..." Norman counted down as everyone started to run away while Ray and I stayed under the tree as he read to me.

"It must be so fun..." I sighed as I focused on Ray's voice.

"What is?" he asked as he stopped reading. I turned to the direction of Norman's voice.

"Hide and seek, it must be really fun..." I said in the cheeriest tone I could muster.

"Do you want to join them?" Ray asked as he closed the book.

"Are you sure? I thought you didn't want to play along..."

"I'll play along if you want to," I felt him got up and I could hear him brushing off his clothes.

"I'll touch your right hand, okay?" Ray warned as he gently put his hand on mine. I smiled gently at his words and got up.

"We can play after this round is over," I smiled to myself as I felt myself getting excited.

"Alright, but don't complain to me if we get caught quickly,"

"You want to play hide and seek too?" Norman asked, and I nodded in response.

"Yay! (Y/N)'s gonna join us!" I heard Emma cheered as her rapid footsteps went toward me.

"Hey! Watch it!" I felt Ray stand in front of me, making Emma stop.

"Oh, right... Sorry..." she laughed nervously, "(Y/N)! I'm going to hug you, okay?" I chuckled as I opened my arms.

"Okay," I approved and felt her arms go around me tightly.

"Alright, do you want to be it?" I shook my head in response, earning a chuckle from the boy.

"Okay then, I'll count to ten and you all go and hide,"

"Yes!" we all replied as I reached out in Ray's direction. I felt Ray's hand on top of mine as I grabbed his arm again.

"Are you ready?"

"Yep!" I answered in excitement, and I could tell he was smiling.

"Ten..." I heard Norman started to countdown, making all of us run as I followed Ray's direction.